Slow going today!

In reply to MM0FMF:

You will no doubt be pleased with the Sunday football match Andy. What channel was it on? I couldn’t find it anywhere in the listings. Sky Sports had the much more glamorous and exciting 1-0 victory by Norwich over Tottenham…

My own day “kicked off” (see what I did there?) with an activation of The Cloud G/SP-015. In a S2S QSO, Juerg F/HB9BIN/P suggested I had been sleeping there. I was glad I hadn’t - it was blinking cold! Juerg, on Haut du Rouge Gazon F/VO-018, was my second S2S contact of the activation. Earlier I had worked Dominik HB9CZF/P on Walten HB/BL-009.

I was able to hear Martin DF3MC/P on Eisenberg DL/AL-171, but not well enough to get back to make the contact. This band-hopping for S2S chasing was enabled by the new EFHW antenna + Micro Z ATU system. I found I could tune all the bands 40/30/20/12/10/6 on this set up. I didn’t manage to find the settings to enable 17m and 15m, but I wasn’t trying in the most patient and methodical way, due to the increasing coldness! They will be there somewhere; it’s a good system. Eight bands from one antenna that is much smaller, much lighter, and much more compact (all fits completely inside rucksack) when packed up. I’m already plotting some overnight backpacking trips for the summer!

The MO in this activation was mainly 12m, with brief excursions to other bands as influenced by spots on SOTAwatch. The final tally was as follows:

26 QSOs:

12m CW: 13
12m SSB: 11
20m CW: 1
20m SSB: 1

EA: 4
ES: 1
F: 1
G: 6
HA: 2
HB: 1
LY: 2
OE: 1
SP: 2
SV: 1
UA2: 1
UA9: 1
UR: 2
YO: 1

Many thanks to all callers.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Correction Tom:

“…In a S2S QSO, Juerg F/HB9BIN/P suggested I had been sleeping there. I was glad I hadn’t - it was blinking cold! Juerg, on Haut du Rouge Gazon F/VO-018”

He asked if you live there!
Night night
Mike G6TUH

He said both words actually Mike. I take it you were earwigging the QRG then?

In reply to M1EYP:
Hello Tom, yes I was reading and had the f. on in the background. Juerg came on the f. at 59+ (59R). He could not self spot from the summit so I did for him and then hung around awhile to see what happened and you arrived at 12.14Z!

Sun 12:05 F/HB9BIN/P on F/VO-018 14.285 ssb
Juerg 59+10 in SE UK. Unable to self spot on this summit. (Posted by G6TUH)