Skiddaw LD-004 last Sunday

Hi All

As part of a round of Wainwrights on Sunday I climbed up to Skiddaw LD-004 which was reached at 1145z, for a long lunch break in the sunshine. I took the “Classic Route” up from Ullock Pike and operated from one of the shelters beyond the trig point, away from the melee, and no one bothered me for the hour I was there.

The take off at 3054ft was amazing and twenty QSOs were completed using the normal set up of a Yaesu VX-170 at 5 watts and rucksack special vertical antenna. Summit to Summit contacts were recorded with:

G4ILO/P Julian Scar Crags LDW-101
G8HXE/P Keith High Street LDW-025
2M0NCM/P Neil Beinn an Lochain GM/SS-018
G3RMD/P Frank St Sunday Crag LDW-022
M1AVV/P Simon Hutton Roof Crags G/LD-052
GM7PKT/P Robin Bidean nam Bian GM/WS-007
2E0EDX/P Ian Swirl Howe LDW-033
G1OPV/P Phil Nine Standards G/NP-018

After departing the summit we went on to Skiddaw Little Man (LDW-015), Lonscale Fell (LDW-080) and Latrigg Fell (LDW-206). It was a fantastic day out with the best DX contact being with Nick GI0HIK/P who was on GI/SM-007 Slieve Gallian in County Tyrone. I noticed when I returned home that Nick had not been shown on SOTAWatch and I wondered if he had qualified the summit.

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:
Hi Phil,
Thanks for the couple of S/S contacts on Sunday. What a great days weather in the lakes. Visibility was outstanding and believe it or not, there was no one on Hellvelyn when I arrived.
Glad you enjoyed your walk and well done in working into Tyrone from Skiddaw. My best DX was Robert, on the Isle of Wight, from 3 of the summits. You are making great progress on the Wainwrights, good luck with the few! remaining.
73, Frank