Six Mountains Activation in DM/BW-Region

Depending on WX, our local radio club A18 Furtwangen plans to activate six mountains in the Black Forest (DM / BW region) simultaneously on Saturday, August 14th.
From 08:30 UTC, our six teams will initially operate on 2m / FM to give our beginners who only have a handheld radio a chance. After that some teams will also be qrv on KW (mainly 7-SSB and 14-SSB).
Spots are submitted to Sota
Our mountains for 10 points are DM/BW-001, DM/BW-002, DM/BW-008, DM/BW-009, DM/BW-015 and DM/BW-284.
We look forward to many QSOs
Best 73
Clemens, DD2TC (A18)

5 Likes

Hello Clemens.

Wish you a lot of fun and many QSOs at your A18 SOTA activity this year. This year I can not participate. And I keep my fingers crossed that the weather will cooperate.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Hi Clemens,

this is a very good idea! I’ll spread the information among the members of my local club. Maybe we can motivate a few people to activate their local summits.
S2S between the Black Forest and Swabian Jura on VHF should be possible even with a HT.
Good luck for your event and hope for good wx.
73, Roman

1 Like

The Six Mountains Activation in DM/BW was very successful.
Many thanks to all activators and chasers for the QSOs
and S2S.
Special thanks to Roman (DL3TU) for the support,
to Jean (F6GLZ) and Marcel (DM3FAM).
Next year we will organize the activity again.

73 de Clemens, DD2TC

2 Likes

Hello Clemens.

A nice event and thank you for the organisation and planning. It was a pleasure to have a s2s qso with you. Greetings also to Andreas (DN).

See you next year :+1::goat:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

Hi Clemens,

thanks for organizing this great event! It was lots of fun to hear so many DM/BW summits on the air at the same time and I was more than happy to support with DM/BW-099.
What surprised me most were the loud signals on 2m FM from almost every summit. Most QSOs were across a distance of 100…170km, made with my ancient Belcom LS202E and a MFJ-1714 antenna.

Let’s see how many summit we can activate next year (DM/BW, FL/VO, …) - I’m already looking forward to participating in the fun :mountain_snow: :goat: :four_leaf_clover: :wave:

73, Roman

4 Likes