Show Us Your SOTA QSL Cards

This is my combo Activator and Chaser QSL. The smaller card I leave when activating a summit where there is a “red can” or other container with a hiker’s log. On more than one occasion a ham whom I do not know has emailed me when he found the card.

Scott WA9STI & WA6LE (club call)

9 Likes

9 Likes

12 Likes

Dear friends!
Season’s greetings to all SOTA enthusiasts and wishes for a happy upcoming New Year!
I am posting the two QSL cards that I am currently using. Each of them has depicted photographs of the picturesque rock massif Otkliknoy Ridge in the Taganai National Park in the Southern Urals, taken at different times. In the distance Kruglitsa peak is visible, classified in the SOTA program. The black and white photo was taken by me in 1988 during the traverse of this rock massif in the company of my wife and our friends. The third QSL card depicts a photograph that I took in 2002 in a mountaineering camp on the Razdelnaya summit with a height of over 6000 m during a failed attempt to climb the 7k Lenin Peak in the Pamir mountains. For two days my wife and I waited out a period of unstable weather in this camp. We did not have enough strength to accent the top because of poor acclimatization, and it was too risky to descent without other climbers. Our condition was aggravated by the lack of a working primus for cooking water and food. Only in the morning of the third day of waiting, when the snow stopped, we were able to gather strength and begin the descent. It was at this time that I took this picture. After such prolonged stay at high altitude wife ended up with mountain sickness and also temporarily lost sight in one eye due to a retinal burn.
I wish everyone successful SOTA activations in 2021, stay safe and take reasonable precautions!

17 Likes

Here is mine. Happy New Year!

12 Likes

Mt. Kosciuszko in Australia is a very impressive!

to be honest, I don’t have any other and use it for all my QSL traffic.
Photograph was taken by a carinthian farmer, who visited his cattle on the alpine pasture and guided some guests to the summit. It’s been a while that I took a 5-el and a DSLR to the summit…
73 Martin

12 Likes

21 Likes

Awesome picture of HB/BE-053.
Only one activation in 2015 by HB9FVW.
Great picture…
Paul w0rw

2 Likes

What a great collection of unique QSL cards! Well, here is mine. Photo is me running up a Colorado 14’er, Mount Shavano… - Fred KT5X (aka WS0TA)

12 Likes

7 Likes

The scan is a little grainy, put this together a couple of years ago. Overlooking Lake Tahoe from W7N/WC-008, me standing atop W6/NS-001 (or 002) and a modified SOTA logo for W6

9 Likes

From the summit of Mont St-Joseph, July 21, 2013

At the trail head November 9, 2013

11 Likes

Looking at the mountain Tymfi and the peaks of Astraka SV/EP-002 and Gamila SV/EP-003

10 Likes

My new QSL. Foto is taken from Lilienstein, DM/SX-057 in DLFF-0012

a small collection of my QSL cards can you see on qrz.com

9 Likes

I’ve had a couple of nice SOTA QSLs through from the Buro this week. I have added these to the collection at SOTA QSLs

I have also taken the liberty of adding all the above beautiful cards to the gallery on that webpage.

4 Likes

11 Likes

A selection of SOTA-QSLs. 73! Andy/DL6AP
getImage (2) getImage (1) getImage

10 Likes

2020-12-30 10_50_13-Window

11 Likes

W7A/ Arizona
Picacho Peak W7A/PN-077 Pictured.

KI7OFL

16 Likes