Short Monday Tour of SC

As a reward for completing the decorating Mrs CFS suggested I might like a day out walking. Now one doesn’t look a gift horse in the mouth does one!

So the plan was to bag Nine Barrow Down SC-013 and Swyre Head SC-012 before it gets de-listed. 8AM start from home saw me at the parking spot for SC-013 at 0945 and off up onto the ridge. The walk was pleasant and gentle and the views from the ridge were exceptional. However, once set up I realised how bad the bands were, with no responses to my calls on 40m SSB. So a quick change to CW brought in 10 QSO’s mostly with DL including what I thought was a S2S with DL6WT/P but the summit I copied RP-169 has been de-listed!

Onto Swyre Head SC-012 only 15 minutes drive away and another gentle stroll up to the summit in glorious sunshine. This time 40m SSB had woken up and I managed 12 QSO’s including S2S’s with Steve, DL/G1INK/P on TH-470, Barry, M0IML/P on SE-015 and Ricky MW6GWR/P on MW001.

By the time I go back to the car it was only 1PM so there was time for a third summit so off to Win Green SC-008 a nice easy drive-on hill. 1 hour later I am parked up and have a walk up to the observation point and the trig point before walking around the small wooded area then off to find a suitable piece of fencing to set-up. Just like this morning 40m SSB was dead but managed 7 QSO’s on CW again mainly with EU stns plus Victor in GI.

All in all a very pleasant day out with 3 new summits in the bag and a sunburnt head - must remember my hat next time!

Thanks for all the QSO’s

73 Glyn