Shining Tor Activation and Personal Goals!

Congratulations old boy, 2500+ points in your first year is quiet an achievement, Qdos to you for sticking at it; and sorry I fell at the final hurdle. I know it’s an old joke, but now you’ve reached your goal, perhaps the grass on GP/SP-004 will get chance to recover :wink:

I’ll be out tomorrow for the first time in 7 weeks now that Covid has set me free; hopefully catch you on a summit. It’s G/SP-001 for me (my local summit here in the Peak District), but as my lungs are still toast, it’ll be just 2M FM or SSB. I will have the Wouxon 2m/4m radio with me so if anyone is feeling adventurous, maybe 4M FM ?

Dave

2 Likes

I will take some grass seed up! Thanks for the help and encouragement, not bad for a couple of newbies!

Hope to catch you tomorrow
 not sure where I will be :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Well done on achieving your target of 2500 S2S points Martin-I’m glad I helped in a little way! So what’s next year’s target?
I achieved my own targets in ending the year top of the heap in ‘G’ land for the 2m band & for FM mode, I don’t think I’ll repeat this year, it was trying my wife’s patience every time I ran off to my shack whenever a suitable spot came in!
Here’s to many more QSOs, 73 John G0MHF.

1 Like

John congratulations on achieving your goal. My secret weapon is my partner is an off-road cyclist and fell runner, so any suggestion of time in the hills is pounced on!
I am not sure on this year’s goal. Possibly to work a wider range of summits, but I do love the challenge of S2Ss. I also need to work towards a full licence. We spend a lot of time in the Alps (Julie loves cycling up Tour de France peaks) , so being able to activate those would be amazing.
It has been great working you this year. I look forward to a lot more chats!

Martin

1 Like

Good stuff, Martin.
I see you like cycling up Tour de France hills-have you cycled up Mont Ventoux? Our daughter & her husband cycled up it some years ago, but we have only driven up it! I visited the memorial to Tommy Simpson near the summit as I remember very well his sad death.
On a happier note, the 2022 SOTA season has started well, there are a lot on the hills this weekend! 73 John.

2 Likes

We almost live there John. Julie does the Cinglé (all three ways up in one go). I have to drive the camper! A tough job
 but essential.