Shack Sloth

Just a quick thank you to all the activators who made it possible for me to gain this award.I am very happy to reach this award in just one year. I first logged on to SOTA onthe 30.03.11. Special thanks to Neil 2E0TDX whose QSO from Robinson G/LD 021 on 12.03.12 took me over the 1000 points needed. 73 peter M1CNL

Congratulations Peter on achieving Shack Sloth.

Jimmy M3EYP

Congratulations Peter. Glad to have worked You S2S on Your Shack Sloth day.
73`s Bob G6ODU
SAFE DESCENTS

In reply to M1CNL:
Congratulations Peter, Happy to have contacted you from Stone Arthur.

73, Derek

In reply to M1CNL:
Peter,
Congratulations on the Shack Sloth award and thanks for several contacts during your holiday and our activations on 13th March plus a few from our earlier efforts. (It took me a minute or two to tie you up with Peter from Prestatyn.)

Rod & Viki (M6BWA/P)

In reply to M1CNL:

Well done Pete. Thanks for the S2S from Moel Famau, yesterday.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to M1CNL:
Well done. :slight_smile:

There’s been a run on Shack Sloth trophies recently. The shop says they’re out of stock!

I’d like to add my thanks to all the activators who give us chasers summits to chase. I passed the magic 1000 (and also my 250th unique) on March 13th, in QSO with Gerhard OE6GND/P on OE/ST-248.

73, Rick M0LEP

In reply to M0LEP:

Fingers crossed in the next month there will be another one on back order!

I’m hoping to get the magic 1000 up on an S2S from somewhere or other.

Well done to yourself & Pete on your respective Sloth achievements!

Jonathan
2E0CTW

In reply to M1CNL:

Well done Peter…The first thousand of many hopefully.

Pleasure to work you and nice to be the one to ‘tip’ you over the edge!

ATB, Neil.

Congratulations Rick on achieving Shack Sloth.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Congratulations Rick on achieving Mountain Goat.

Thanks, but that’d be “Shack Sloth”, Jimmy. :slight_smile:

I’m nothing like as good at getting onto summits and activating them, though there are a few S2S QSOs in my total. :slight_smile:

73, Rick M0LEP

Sorry about my error Rick, I will correct my post.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
Heh. No problem! I was amused you’d promoted me from Sloth to Goat. :wink:

73, Rick M0LEP

In reply to M0LEP:

Congratulations Peter & Rick :slight_smile:

One QSO that sticks in my mind is with you Rick when you were M6LEP & I was activating G/SP-012 Easington Fell. You waited until the end to call me on 40m SSB & just like everybody else that day you were also 59 :slight_smile:

Best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:
Well done Rick and Peter.

Liz

In reply to M0LEP:
"There’s been a run on Shack Sloth trophies recently. The shop says they’re out of stock! "

New stock available, slight backlog with the engraver but will deliver in the advised timescale. Nothing compared to the backlog in orders for certificates & merchandise I am trying to get out the door!

Barry GM4TOE
SOTA Awards Manager

In reply to G0VOF:

& I was activating G/SP-012 Easington Fell.

I remember that one. :slight_smile: My 25th HF QSO, my third SOTA summit, and I think, my first successful intentional SOTA chase. The first two were GM7AAV/P on NS-151 and EI/G4WSB/P on IS-111, both of which I think I caught while tuning around the bands looking for lighthouses.

73, Rick M0LEP