Shack sloth

Does it get any better than this i first started sota chasing on september 24 at15.24 2010 and today on a lovely sunny day in staffordshire i finally reached shack sloth status so i would just like to thank all my fellow activators who enabled me to reach my one thousand point tally. I would like to put all your names down here but im sure you all know there are to many of you so many thanks and here is to the next thousand points Best 73s Dave M3XIE

Finally? Heh! Congratulations on getting to Shack Sloth so rapidly!

In reply to M0LEP:
Thats the problem with sota once you get started you are hooked im lucky i have a wife who just lets me get on with it.

In reply to M3XIE-1:

In reply to M0LEP:
Thats the problem with sota once you get started you are hooked im
lucky i have a wife who just lets me get on with it.

Because she knows where to find you!

Well done, this might be a record?

Brian G8ADD

Congratulations Dave on your Shack Sloth.

Jinmmy M3EYP

In reply to G8ADD:

In reply to M3XIE-1:

Well done, this might be a record?

Brian G8ADD

I have been reminded that the record is held by Mike, GW0DSP, who achieved SS in 42 days! That will be a tough one to beat, anybody up for it?

Brian G8ADD

I have been reminded that the record is held by Mike, GW0DSP, who
achieved SS in 42 days! That will be a tough one to beat, anybody up
for it?

Brian G8ADD

Easily beaten some time ago by G3VXJ - 34 days by my reckoning.

I haven’t really tried looking at the database, maybe Andy could put that glass down and have a search!

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to GM4TOE:

Ah, the sacrifices that people make for the sake of SOTA!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Limited connectivity and an imminent appointment with my late mother’s bankers means I’ll have a butcher’s at the database on my return North!

Andy
M0FMF

In reply to M3XIE:

Hi Dave
Congratulations - I am pleased to have spoken to you several times from the few summits I have done. You are a regular, and if it wasn’t for the regulars, many a summit wouldn’t get qualified as an activation. Thanks from the other end.
Regards
Dave

In reply to M3XIE-1:

im lucky i have a wife who just lets me get on with it.

Many congratulations Dave. Just beware of the “SOTA widow”… mind you, there’s less risk of problems as a Chaser. As an Activator, there’s always the chance the locks might have been changed while you’ve been out up them thar hills. That’s why I take my ice axe with me - even in summer! :wink:

73 and best wishes for the next 1000,

Gerald G4OIG

In reply to M3XIE-1:

Congratulations Dave on achieving your Shack Sloth.

I’ve often heard you chasing on HF and 2 metres over the last couple of months. Thanks for all the contacts - I’m sure it won’t be long before you gain your next 1000 points!

Karen & Neil