Several Question marks

In reply to M1EYP:

If you’ll do it for zero points, you must love it! Especially living
round here where we’re within 2 hours drive of scores of SOTA summits.
How they’d long for that down south!

Hi Tom,

I’ve no real interest in points, just happy to be in the fresh air working a pile-up. Not exactly over the moon about having to log them into the Database :wink:

SOTA is designed to encourage people to broaden their horizons and
explore the hills. And I am grateful for that, having now activated
every G summit. I have seen many new corners of England that I
wouldn’t have done with “softy giveaway” points systems for
activators, so that’s all good.

Anyway…

G/SP-004 Shining Tor, 25 times this year, all for 5 points :frowning:

Luxury!

I’ll raise you G/SP-015 The Cloud, 30 times this year, all for 1 point
:wink: That’s a factor of 6 times less fruitful. You don’t know you’re
born lad.

Maybe so, but I’ll bet I carried more weight than you :wink:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Maybe so, but I’ll bet I carried more weight than you :wink:

Don’t think so mate.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hi Andy,

Would you mind elaborating on the “No”?.
I don’t know what the “No” is to, are you saying you don’t think there is any need for an “incentive for Activators to activate some of the more difficult to chase summits” or something else?

Colin
M0XSD.

In reply to M0XSD:

I think it would be most amusing to answer your question as a programmer (it’s how I pay the bills) in which case the answer would be “yes”! :slight_smile:

However, to elucidate, there is no need for an incentive. There is no such thing as a difficult to chase hill. There will be hills which may be difficult for you to chase from some locations on some bands. That same hill may be trivial for others to chase.

With over 54000 potential summits to activate, there is no need to incentivise repeat activations.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Thanks Andy, you have put it in perspective for me:)

It was just a rhetorical question aimed to stimulate some discussion on the subject.

As I have said before, it doesn’t particularly bother me as a Chaser (I’ll chase anything but it is nice to get a few uniques occasionally) and when Activating I tend to be a Chaser who happens to be on a Hill (I’ll leave the proper Activating to Liz, she is better at it than me).

Colin
M0XSD.