(Semi-)Failed Activation of OE/TI-104 (Pirchkogel) and Request for Advice

1. What could I have done better?

hello Martin
I think you have made a maximum for your activation and you will have more success later
recently 25/01, on F/AM -416 ,I stay in 2 hours in cold and froggy weather for having qso on the same
frequency (14.062):
calling CQ with KX1 : nothing on 40 and 30 m
at 11:22 … RW3XZ calling then
DL3 HXX at 12:02 then MW0BBU,OH3GZ and finally again RW3XZ at 13:clock1130:Ouf !!
you can see below I was spotted more than expected

all this for saying you : you are not alone and I think you will be a MG vy shortly
Alain

Thanks, Alain, and others!

What I have learnt from this is that

1. Trying hard to find a free frequency on 40m is a better strategy than 30m or 20m in the alps, because there more chasers in the first skip, and more chasers with suitable antennas etc.

2. Only QSY away from 40m once the four contacts are in the bag.

I am also trying two new types of earphones.

73 de Martin, DK3IT

Hi Martin

If it is any consolation I’ve had my biggest pile-ups on 1 pointers and struggled on 10 pointers too.

Just luck of the draw sometimes!

Regards, Mark. M0NOM

I will likely try this summit again tomorrow.
73 de Martin, DK3IT

Hi all,
I managed to activate OE/TI-104 today, but…there was a severe storm on the summit once I was QRV, and it was actually unwise to start the activation. Nevertheless, I fought four five QSOs and then had a really hard time packing up and getting home safe and sound. Activation report will follow, but already at this point apologies to chasers whom I could not work and for going QRT so quickly. This was my harshest activation so far. Hope you understand.
73 de Martin, DK3IT