Scout - On Springbok expedition to activate 2 summits

Tylor Stegmann, of 1st Polokwane Scouts in Limpopo South Africa will be activating two summits during his Springbok expedition. He is a Class B ham (junior, restricted) who may not work the 20 and 15m bands using his own call sign, ZU6TS. He will use the Scout Groups club call sign (ZR6PS) under supervision for DX and his own call sign on 40m local. I will post the alert as I will be on the summmits when the activations are made and activate them as well. Look out for him.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

I hope Tylor has a good expedition with his Scouts group and has 2 good activation also. Please note that Tylor will only be log QSO he makes under his own callsign of ZU6TS and not any QSOs he makes using the club callsign of ZR6PS as he will be making these QSOs under supervision outside his own licence requirements.

Jimmy M0HGY

Hi Jimmy
Thanks
He will activate the summits using his call sign with local QSO’s on 40m to which he is entitled. I will be there for DX chasers, but if they want to comm with Tylor, he will use the club call ZR6PS.

Brian ZS6BV

Thanks Brian, I was just making sure that Tylor is aware that he cannot log QSOs onto the SOTA Database that he makes under ZR6PS. I hope good of you have good activations and make loads on contacts.

Jimmy M0HGY