SB-003 Cushat Law activation 18/10/2007

In reply to M1EYP:

A later non-spot was from Mike GW0DSP, confirming that Robin GM7PKT/P
was putting in a good signal on 144.310MHz SSB. Now Robin had already
self-spotted on this very frequency and mode, so what further could
DSP’s “non-spot” offer?

Not the case I’m afraid Tom, Robin self spotted as QRV in 5 minutes on 144.310 and I called Robin and worked him on 144.310, then I swiftly spotted Robin as becoming active on that QRG so that all of the chasers would have a chance of finding him while active on that QRG, yourself included and I was more than pleased to have helped you to make a very memorable S2S with Robin. My “Robin FB sigs” comment was contained within that same genuine informative spot. From memory my spot read Robin now here, FB sigs again, so most definitely not a non-spot. I did the same service for you too Tom and spotted you on Gun on your new QRG of 144.315 after your self spot on 144.310. I also spotted Richard on SP-004 in S2S with you on your QRG so that chasers would be aware that Richard was active on 2m-ssb, I then answered Richard’s CQ and QSY’d with him to 144.270 and altered my spot for Richard to that QRG.

Mike, it looks to me that you might have misinterpreted Steve’s
original comments, as I initially read them as supportive of spots for
deleted summits and related activities, and supportive of multiple
zero point activations of the same summit.

I hope you are right Tom because Steve and I are old friends. What I didn’t understand was the need for Steve, to begin his reply by comparing non-spots with multiple activations as there is absolutely no connection between the two. A non-spot (I think that’s the wrong term actually, maybe a non sota spot would be better) is just that, a non-spot, but multiple activations are 100% genuine sota activations and offer the chasers sota points and the chance of a unique summit in rare cases, every summit is a potential unique for somebody and is also DX to someone else on this planet.

Mike GW0DSP