Saturday

The forecast is looking good. From the Met-Office site:

“High pressure will ensure the fine, dry and settled weather continues with spells of pleasant sunshine by day”.

Promising. And Jimmy and I have a day-pass, and with Liam away at cub-camp for the weekend, we can attempt something a bit “meatier” than usual. Is no-one else going to be out?

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Good luck Tom will try to listen for you.
Confined to barracks we have visitors for weekend :frowning:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to M1EYP:M0JDK 2E0KPO and G0AOD are at the JOTA station GB50SJS all weekend but we will be chasing if we hear you.
73 dave

In reply to M1EYP:

Hi Tom and Jimmy

Sorry wont be on the hills this weekend will be running JOTA station all weekend. However, will be demonstrating adventure/SOTA radio to the scouts so will be on the usual freqs looking for activators/chasers to chat to. Will be using GB50FVS.

Have a good weekend and hope you enjoy the match this afternoon.

73 Glyn

Me and M0JDK are getting withdraw symptoms :frowning:
I just hope JOTA works out at our camp, that last few years it has had a real poor show with a very limited amount of Scouts turning up who had no interest in radio…
I will also have a SOTA display over the weekend.
Were back out the weekend after to get our fix on the 5 Sp summits planned…
:slight_smile:

In reply to M1EYP:
Myself, M3TMX, 2E0MND, 2E0FZK, G0HIK, G4RQJ, G3VUS, G3IZD and G4USW, to name a few of the Furness Amateur Radio Society SOTA’ers, are tied up with JOTA as well this weekend using GB50FSA.
We are also having a SOTA display along with other activities/bases/displays. Hope to work you and any others out and about over the weekend.

Ian G7EGQ

So it looks like a foray onto 2m FM will produce some quick runs of 10 to 20 regular chasers - appealing! We should be doing this after the HF (or possibly simultaneously). We will exchange greetings messages with scouts upon request towards the end of the activation. GL with all the JOTA stations.

Tom