Saisie sota 2016

Well done Alain,

Now the import CSV from the database is OK… i just download and import my complete log (21153 qso).

73 and cu all from summits, Gerald F6HBI

Hello Saisie_SOTA users

V12.5 is now available
It should work for all Date and Time formats, from Europe to far east Asia, from USA to Zoulouland…
Guru improved the Spanish language file, and Gérald the CSV import procedure.
Once more, a big thank you to you dear friends.

Auto upload
or full version here: http://www.sota-france.fr/pages/programmes/SAISIE_SOTA/Saisie_SOTA_setup.zip

Have fun in SOTA
73 Alain F6ENO

PS: I saw a spot (don’t remember where) from somebody looking for an auto filling up from SOTAWATCH. Saisie_SOTA is doing that.

1 Like

I don’t quite understand how a program can accept any date/time format without knowing in advance which it is. There are ambiguities. What date is 01/02/03 ?

My SOTA CSV Editor stores dates using the DD/MM/YYYY format that I believe is the recommended format for CSV files for the SOTA Database site (but it should handle any that happen to use the YYYY-DD-MM or MM-DD-YYYY format too).

It should display the Date and Time in your local format as determined by the configuration of Windows.

The program code itself doesn’t know anything about local formats, but the Windows OS does and that provides the functions for displaying the correct one.

Stewart G0LGS

1 Like

The program manages 2 kinds of date/time formats: the SOTA database format and the local Windows format.

To know which format is used by the computer, the program can read a variable type named “TFormatsettings” which is a “record” holding locale values such as “Short Date Format”, and “Date separator” etc.
Example:
‘DD/MM/YYYY’ for, GB, F, etc…
‘D.M.YYYY’ for YU
’DD.MM.YYYY’ for OE etc…

So, the program have to make conversions from SOTAdatabase format to locale format and vice versa
Alain F6ENO

1 Like