Rucksack Advice

In reply to M0YDH:

Have you tried asking Vango? They list a repairs email address on their website.

“Please email services@amg-group.co.uk with details of the repair or replacement part required.”

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM3WJZ:

Yes, Karrimor did make these sacs (orange and black) just over the watershed from us in Accrington (and you could get seconds if you knew somebody). They do come up on auction sites but be careful as they also made The Dougal Haston Alpinist which is more modern.

Is the climber wearing one in the Quaker Oats ad.

In reply to G6DDQ:
Hi, we used to make those survival bags at Porter Chadburns near Workington, Cumbria back in the mid 70’s, I did the printing and because the polythene was such heavy gauge material it was backbreaking work putting the order through, I used to bring some of the scrap home to use in the garden for stopping weeds coming through.

73, Derek

PS, I wonder if Karrimor ever checked the bottom welds before they put the bag in the rucksack as I just had a vision of somebody climbing into one on a downward slope and slidng straight through an open ended orange tube. :slight_smile:

In reply to MM0FMF:
I’ll give that one a go Andy. Thank you. Any ideas on the activator upgrade / beer belly reduction kit so I can see the buckle at all HI ?
David M0YDH or B3BGR according to M0MYA ;-D )

In reply to M0YDH:

Any ideas on the activator upgrade / beer belly reduction kit so I can see the >buckle at all HI ?

Carry a hand mirror?

Brian G8ADD

In reply to M0YDH:

Nope sorry. I’m into my 6th year of SOTA. I’ve converted the lard in my legs to muscle but not much else has changed. I’m a bit less in weight than when I started and as muscles weighs more than lard I must have lost a bit of fat. My backside has shrunk but sadly the belly is as it always was… a huge vast bulk that hides waist belt buckles. Big belly and no backside makes for unhappy trousers!

Why do you think photos of me only show shoulders and head whenever possible? Exactly, the display of moobs, nipples and belly is not suitable for those of a sensitive nature! Even more so when I have cornered so much of the lard market!

:slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to 2E0YYY:
I had my ‘Go Outdoors’ sales leaflet through the door yesterday and as I was looking for a bigger rucksack…

I bought one of the Lowe Alpine ‘Khumbu’ Rucksacks from them. 80lt and on special from £145 down to £49.95. I’m always a bit dubious of these reductions, so a quick check on other sites revealed an average of £90 or there-abouts. Feels comfortable for me, with adjustable back etc. and enough room and pockets for gear. Available in 4 colours too!

They also have Vango 400 Bothy bags on special at £28.

Jonathan
2E0CTW

In reply to 2E0CTW:

Hi Mike/Jonathon

Being of challenged ‘stature’ (like Mike!!) I bought a Vango Contour 50+10 from Go Outdoors. I used their price match guarantee again and got it for £42 (down from £49.50). I found the Vango 60+10, previously recommended, a little long for my back. The 50+10 has similar features.

I have also found the Vango 400 Bothy bag for £25 at the link below:-

Use of the Go Outdoors price match challenge has secured this for £22.50!!

I used the challenge to get Mrs TUB a pair of Meindl Lady Lites reduced from £159 to £118 - definitely worth the effort - nearly as much buzz as a 10 pointer… A similar deal on my own boots and £90 of my Memory Map GPS…

I love a ‘wee’ bargain

In reply to 2E0CTW:

I had my ‘Go Outdoors’ sales leaflet through the door yesterday and as
I was looking for a bigger rucksack…

Many thanks Jonathan. Also to Dave M0TUB, for the links too.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

No Problem Mike.

Dave - Thanks for the tip on the price challenge, I’ll check that out next time!

Jonathan
2E0CTW