In reply to G3XQE:

In reply to GM4TOE:

Will it be possible to put some sample downloadable Certificates on
the website so that we can print them and compare them with our
existing posted certificates and decide based on the results which way
we want to go ???

73 de Ken G3XQE

Your wish is my command!

Go to www.sota-shop.co.uk and, partway down the first page under the heading “Awards”, you will find a link to a pdf file of a Chaser certificate. I have not optimised this for fast download (it is more than 2Mb in size) so please don’t download unless you want to genuinely see it as it will really use up our monthly bandwidth if accessed too often!

I know it is not perfect and has a clear space to the top but I would appreciate your comments. Meanwhile I will try to generate something a little smaller and also some other certificates for you to look at.

Barry GM4TOE
SOTA Awards Manager

In reply to K6ILM:

Give it time Elliot. The 1st CD writer I bought cost me £175 and did 4x write and 2x re-write. The last DVD writer I bought did dual-layer, 16x DVD write and CD speeds were silly. It cost £14 and the time span was 6 years ISTR.

3d printers will become ubiquitous. And cheap!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to GM4TOE:

I have fiddled with the file and made it smaller plus added two other certificates as examples

Barry GM4TOE
SOTA Awards Manager

In reply to GM4TOE:

In reply to GM4TOE:

I have fiddled with the file and made it smaller plus added two other
certificates as examples

Hi Barry;

I have printed your smaller file on matt photo paper using my Epson Stylus all in one Wifi ink jet printer which has four cartridges.

Apart from a small difference in the font used for the words “Shack Sloth”, the results are as far as I can see identical to my existing certificates including the background image.

In my opinion, the PDF version should be acceptable to all and with the added advantage that they can be reprinted should they fade over time.

I am expecting to qualify for “Semi Super Sloth” (5000 points) and 1000 Uniques within the next couple of months, hence my interest.

73 de Ken G3XQE

In reply to G3XQE:

That’s good to hear Ken, thanks for your help.

The font for “Shack Sloth” is a graphic on the ones I print and, in the short time I had available to produce these examples, I didn’t have time to adapt it for the pdf.
The real thing will be done properly!!

Guess I had better get my finger out!

Barry GM4TOE