Request for information about DB and API

Unless I’m misunderstanding the question (or the data) … Isn’t that information (first activation, first activator callsign) published in summitlist.csv:

https://storage.sota.org.uk/summitslist.csv [warning - big file]

Or is that file only periodically updated (not generated upon request from the live database)?

It seems to show the last activation. But unfortunately, I need the first one… sigh.

Ah!

Why and for what purpose?

I’m considering a project to get OM to activate SOTA summits. The name is SOTA TUSCANY CHALLENGE, and the aim is to activate all the remaining summits in my region (where I am the SOTA Manager). The script allows me to automatically check the progress of the new ones.

As an incentive, I was also thinking about giving away (so for free) an item like a T-shirt or a patch. I had already written about this on the reflector a few months ago to see if there were any issues with using the SOTA brand, and I was told that as long as it’s not for profit (and it isn’t), there wouldn’t be any problems.

1 Like

So I don’t have an endpoint exposed that might do that and it’s pretty low on the priority list right now but because of badging we do now store first activations so it’s not terrible to do. I’ll think about it and try sort it out in the coming months

1 Like

Andrew,
Thanks .