Red Faces on The Cloud

1. G3CWI/P was sending SP-013 instead of SP-015 (sorry chasers)

2. An un-named activator failed to untangle his aerial in 45 minutes and resorted to 2m FM where he only managed two contacts.

A sorry affair all round which was put down to stressful lives.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Surely not the same station who supplies winders to avoid aerial wires tangling !! Oops. Seriously, I’m just glad to see I’m not the only one who still manages to get the blooming things in a knot even with winders.

Sympathies, Mike G4BLH

In reply to G4BLH:

Surely not the same station who supplies winders to avoid aerial wires
tangling !!

No - that was not the activator … and he was not using winders.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Glad to hear it HI.

Regards, Mike G4BLH

In reply to G3CWI:
Thats one of my tricks to give SP-013 instead of SP-015 from The Cloud.
Was you using your vertical on 17m and if so how well was the band?

Sean M0GIA

In reply to M0GIA:

Hi Sean

Yes I was using a 17m elevated groundplane. Conditions were reasonable with several good strong contacts into the USA.

Richard
G3CWI

The unnamed activator was me. The 6m delta loop is still tangled, and when (if) I eventually do untangle it, the priority will be to find a better winding/storage solution for it.

Nonetheless, it was a pleasant walk on a bright sunny if rather windy afternoon. After conceding defeat to the tangle, I wandered up to the trig point and switched on my VX7. Immediately I heard a call from M0ZZA/P on Titterstone Clee Hill G/WB-004, so a S2S partly redressed the emptiness of the activation thus far. A call on S20 brought regular chaser Colin M3NVJ and that was me lot.

Still, it was a valid activation which scored me exactly the same as my recent 110 and 150 QSO activations. Now back to untangling that 6m antenna…

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

I don’t know how you can live with yourself Tom. Call yourself one of the Macc lads and you don’t use CWI winders. Shame on you, big time!

73, Gerald

P.S. I’ll take the commission cheque at the end of the month Richard.

In reply to M1EYP:

The 6m delta loop is still tangled, and when (if) I eventually do untangle it, the priority will be to find a better winding/storage solution for it.

That is why I usually take Helen with me, years of knitting, needlepoint, cross-stitch, lace making and untangling the kids kite lines make her an expert on the disentangulation of wind wound wires, although she usually waits until I have totally lost my cool before offering to sort it for me.

Regards Steve GW7AAV