QO-100 Loughrigg Fell G/LD-047

Myself and Chris M0KPW had never done this One Pointer before. I tried once before, but the Car park was so busy, I decided to leave it for another day when the fell would be a bit more quiet.

Today we decided was was that day, we got to the car park around 10:00 A.M and found we were only the 2nd vehicle there.

Thinking this was an easy one pointer, I did not bother with the map, I had forgotten that the back of Rydal Water has quite a few footpaths. We managed to find our way up, maybe not the most direct, but it was a lovely day and not too many tourists around.

With the first half being on paths the 2nd half is steps and the National trust were repairing them, making it all a bit more difficult than I had expected with my heavy rucsac.

We were setup a little later than expected, but my first CQ came back with G3VKV and then it continued, for a total of 13 contacts calling me and not another CQ needed. I was quite surprised and pleased.
Highlight was DL1CR/P, which was my first S2S international contact on QO-100. Thankyou Chris.

Three visitors to the station, one thought it was something to do with Aircraft and another thinking it was a television station. We also had an amateur visit, but sorry, I cant remember the name and call.

On returning to the car park, for just less than four hours parking we were charged £6:10, I hope Lowther Estates use at least some of that for Fell management

Tomorrow is another fine day, so we have Dent G/LD-045 Planned.

Many thanks to all the QO-100 chasers.

Nick G0HIK

3 Likes

Hi Nick, thanks for the nice description of your activity. For me, too, our contact was the highlight.

In addition, I had very friendly chasers who appreciated my Sota and Portable activities and even followed me along the way.

All of this motivates me to repeat the whole thing again soon.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work out today, Nick. Have fun, maybe I’ll be listening to you via WebSDR.

73 Chris

1 Like