Postal Rates

This is the time of year when Royal Mail increase their postage rates. The new rates apply from 23 March 2020 and the shopping site has been updated to reflect the increases.

My apologies, SOTA has no control over these rates.

From the beginning of April I will reintroduce pdf versions of certificates. There will be a charge for these certificates but you can save the postage charges by accepting electronic transfer rather than requesting a printed and mailed version

Barry GM4TOE
SOTA Awards Manager

2 Likes

Thank you. Electronic certificates are a good plan.

1 Like

What does it cost to mail a standard letter from the UK internationally?
Jeff K6QCB

1 Like
Format and max measurements Max weight Price for Europe Price for World Zone 1 Price for World Zone 2
Letter 24cm long 16.5cm wide 0.5cm thick 10g £1.42 £1.42 £1.42
20g £1.42 £1.63 £1.63
100g £1.68 £2.42 £2.42

Certificates fall into the 100g category and USA is World Zone 1 (see MM0FMF post)

But isn’t a certificate too big to be a standard letter (unless folded)?

Which would make it £3.66 for World Zone 1

Colin

My fault, should have read Andy’s post more accurately :frowning:
Certificates are Large Letter and attract the higher postage cost

The Royal Mail have sneaked-in another increase in postal rates, not only in the UK (which they announced) but massive increases in International Rates over and above those already imposed for US postage. These apply from 1 January 2021
I despair

Orders already placed, and which have been delayed (see my earlier posting) will not be subject to any additional postal costs - SOTA will absorb these - new orders will be subject to these new costs