73, Jarek

3 Likes

Aren’t they everyone’s top cw chasers?

2 Likes

For the moment @F4WBN is out of that list due to his short activity time :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

I can’t see any mention in this topic for the following:

I have had one for a few years. I think the action is better than my Pico Paddle and with a 3.5mm jack you stand a better chance of finding a spare cable in a shop in an emergency.

3 Likes

I’m in love with my GM0EUL Academy Paddle - I got the one with the bigger finger pieces. Smooth and light and not too much $$$!

2 Likes

Another satisfied UMPP-Academy owner. Peter is very responsive, great care after the sale.

3 Likes

Hi Friends,

Today BaMaTech paddle was used for the first time on SOTA :wink:

First chaser in the log is Eric @F5JKK :wink:

For the moment I want to inform about one impression and at the same time one difference between Palm Pico & BaMaTech paddles: despite of rubber covers on the paddles they became cold during activation - when I worked continuously I could not recognize it but after sandwich brake this effect was observed immediately after first touch.
This is not something very serious but it is.

73, Jarek

8 Likes

Hi Jarek,
Today’s lesson learnt for you is putting your BaMaKey in your trousers pocket during your lunch break when it’s cold.

Guru

6 Likes

Hi Guru,

Another two options:

1. no break
  2. use Palm Pico :smiley:

73, Jarek

3 Likes

how about exchanging the rubber with small wooden parts?

2 Likes

Hi Sean,

I was struggling to make the right choice for a portable paddle. Charlie has several video’s that may help. I ultimately ended up getting one from N0SA. It should be here in a few days.
GL
fred WX1S

4 Likes

Hi Jarek,

Very happy to be first in your log today with your new BaMaTech keyer :wink: :+1:

I think you will be able to get used to the fault you felt!
15 years (or more) of Palm Pico and an activation with your new toy :slight_smile: give it time to arrive in spring and summer :wink: :crazy_face:

Tks QSO Jarek

73 Éric

3 Likes

Hi Eric

Winter activations are special ones, so my observation is not something fundamental - I just wanted to inform about it :wink:

73, Jarek

3 Likes

Sorry Jarek,

Edit 19.12.2021 -19:20z :wink:
the description is, for me at least, too abstract to be understood.

The silicone caps on the paddle arms are not intended to function as gloves for the paddle arms, but to increase operator comfort when touching the levers …

Did you notice a lack of contact when you touch the paddle levers, which you would like to attribute to the (gold-plated) contacts?

What I noticed several times, that the keying either didn’t work at all or only with the characters assigned to tip contact (e.g. dots). This was particularly the case when the connection cable at the rear of the TP-III was pulled away at an angle and this caused a slight lateral pull on the connector.

The problem with this were cheap jack plugs that were not made to measure, in which, for example, the sleeve contact was a bit too short and / or the ring contact was a bit offset because the insulation between the tip and the ring was much too thick.

So some caution is advised with all these beautifully colored cables with cheap jack plugs, regardless of where they were produced …

2 Likes

I never used the word “problem” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No Heinz, I did not.
My BaMaTech worked fine

73, Jarek

I didn’t want to give up my Bencher.
So, I simply replaced the heavy steel base with a light plexiglass, saving more than one KG.
I feel it very comfortable.
'73 de ik6bak, Eliseo.

10 Likes

After about 4 years with Palm key Mini I upgraded to a high performance key, Begali Traveler. It weights about 600 grs but feels me a real shack key.

For a ultralight sotas still using Palm.

6 Likes

Congratulations !!!
Looks nice but “the price crushes the system” :wink:
My HB-1B & SW-3B are much cheaper so I need to keep balance.
May be one day for KX-2 … who knows …

73, Jarek

5 Likes

MFJ paddle - super easy to clean contacts - spring beryllium copper connection stays elastic - disassembly in field very easy - spacing not ideal, but my mind state isn’t ideal at 14000 feet either.

MOrsePaddle

4 Likes