PNW Winter S2S Party - March 19, 2022

Bill,

Thanks for coordinating this fun event!

W7UM and I went up on W0C/PR-082 to participate, and we were in deep snow and bright sun at about 11,500 feet. There had been so much snow that the trailhead was essentially plowed in, and we had to park quite some distance up the road. I used my usual 65-foot end-fed and KX2 to make many QSO’s:

77 SOTA contacts
21 S2S
19 Unique S2S summits

Mark W7UM had fun too, and we used our 2M handhelds to advise each other of S2S’s, while operating on HF.

The S2S were from all over the USA and VE, and I think many of them were available to us because of your PNW event!

Thanks again and 73!

George/Carey
KX0R

2 Likes

Hi Geo,

Thanks to you and Mark for the S2S contacts! As usual, great signal here in the PNW - always a pleasure to QSO with you!

-Josh WU7H

Thanks again to everyone who went out. With the results received after I posted the results, it looks like there were over 1000 QSOs and 300 S2S contacts made. Pretty awesome!

We’ll do it again in August when the PNW NQF returns to take advantage of all those ops on summits for the 14er and SoCal events.

73 Bill K7WXW

1 Like

Bill,

Thanks again for acting as the ‘Net Control’ for this event. It would not have been a success without an organized pro at the helm. I’m looking forward to the next one. TU and 73.

1 Like