Plankogel OE/ST-227

Very nice weather on the Plankogel this morning. High pressure has brought some welcome respite from the wintery weather:

There have been a few freeze / thaw cycles now, so the snow is hardening up nicely; I was up to my knees on Osser last week. There was a nice opening opening on 20m, which got ZL1BYZ in the log. It pays to get up early it seems. My apologies to Fabio IK2LEY: sorry I missed you. Mobile coverage was a little patchy, so whilst I got my spots to the website, none came through on my phone. Thinking I might not be getting spotted, I tried APRS, but only got ‘dupe’ for my trouble. I will try to check the website next time. Apart from that, everything went very well:

Conditions will be favourable for all the summits in the Fischbacher Alpen this coming week. Make hay while the sun shines.
73 de OE6FEG
Matt

5 Likes

Don’t worry, Matt, thanks anyway, hope to catch you soon, maybe for a S2S.
73’s Fabio IK2LEY

Nice pictures Matt!
Tks for the QSO on 40m. Very gd sign.

73, Sake

Was listening for you but couldn’t hear you :unamused:. But difficult from North to South or vice versa……

Maybe next time!
73, Sylvia

My antenna was oriented roughly east west, that probably didn’t help. Also, I have to start early in order to be back in time for work.
de OE6FEG
Matt