Phew!

If the start of today is anything to go by it’s going to be a super day for SOTA! Several new French SOTAs bagged already. They are doing a great job with impressive pile-ups. Well done lads.

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:

I’ll second that Richard, a great start to the day, with the French lads doing a real fine job.

Mike

In reply to G3CWI:

I agree Ric, what a great start, and such a pleasure to hear former F chasers activating from their own country.

40m was poor at first, with just echo’s heard here on some stations, but it rapidly improved, and Les F/G3VQO/P was giving a great signal on 80m.

73 Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4SSH:

…very exciting. Reminds me of SOTA’s first day all those years ago. How it has changed since then!

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:
Yep, its getting busier by the day - even in my short involvement.
Et oui - vive la France!
73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to GM4FAM:

Vy odd cndx. Just wkd WB2MIC in VT on 7.058 (CW)!

In reply to G3CWI:
Yes, its quite surprising what can be worked stateside during the day - there is a regular K1 station who calls CQ (vy QRS) and is on almost daily - let’s hope SOTA boys in W2 catch on (that would be quite a catch S>S!).
73 de CRIS
GM4FAM

In reply to G3CWI:

I’m almost glad the day is over, phew, what a day considering that 60M and 40M were not at their best.
I still managed 22 sota contacts in total for a lot of points, but was especially pleased to get 5 contacts into France on cw on the first day of activity.
A superb job by all concerned to get the French association up and running, well done to you all.

vy 73

Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

In reply to G3CWI:

I’m almost glad the day is over, phew,

Looks like tomorrow will be busy too. At least SOTA chasing does not require too many early mornings or late nights (yet!) - both are de rigeur for Activators though.

Richard