Phew - finally made my first activation!

Maybe the RF gods are trying to suggest you remove all the PL-259s and SO-239s from your equipment and use proper connectors? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done Matthew. Today I walked for 10 mins, pulled the Panasonic TZ-70 out of my pocket for the first photo and was greeted by a ā€˜INSERT SDCARDā€™ flashing message.

Youā€™ll find a way of dealing with these kind of issues so they happen less (a spare SDCARD in the top of rucksack sorts my problem) although they never go away!

Get yourself back there, or somewhere else, and get on HF. Itā€™s working great (bar the odd solar storm) and youā€™ll get a real taste for the rush of a pileup.

CW brings respect Iā€™ve found too!

Regards, Mark

2 Likes

Well Done and may it be the first of many. Even if you donā€™t forget something there is always an element of luck involved - and at the moment the ionosphere seems a bit unpredicatable so having both VHF and HF is probably sensible and reduces the chance of failure. Still not as good a packing failure as the time I took the mains battery charger up the hill but forgot the battery! :upside_down_face: Looking forward to a S2S! Paul

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Hope to work you in the future!

Thanks very much Mark. Yes, itā€™s all part of the fun and although yesterday didnā€™t got to plan I will most definitely be giving it another go and braving the cw! 73 - Matthew

Welcome to 790th (equal) place in the Activator roll of honour!

1 Like

Thatā€™s goodā€¦ I forgot my battery. No power, No QSO. :slightly_frowning_face:
Well done on the first activation, Matthew!
Iā€™d like to say Iā€™m looking forward to a QSO but any path from VK to G is a long pathā€¦ I have had one chaser contact with M1EYP on FT8 - my one and only UK SOTA contact!
73, Steven

2 Likes

The only way is up!

Thanks Steven! You never know, perhaps one day. Thatā€™s why we keep coming back for more.