People from Andy's formative youth who are now dead

Barry, you can click the Watching button right at the bottom of the page and set it to muted. Then this topic will not appear in the list for you any more and you should not get any notifications about it either. It simply vanishes from your view of the reflector. It’s one of the great features that I think few people know about.

c1

c2

But will that stop it appearing on Sotawatch?

No. You can’t have everything. You can reduce “noise” from threads you are less interested in when logged in on here though.

One man’s noise is another man’s giggle. Just go with the flow.

1 Like

Darn, I was still holding out hope for another series of Blakes 7.

2 Likes

I will save Andy the trouble and flack! This guy has a radio connection, he might even have encouraged a few people on the path to ham radio… Burt Reynolds SK

2 Likes

10:10 Good bud.

But only when the thread remains on topic. The “Improving HF conditions” thread is a prime example of topic drift!
:slight_smile:
Walt (G3NYY)

This thread is like my SOTA backpack… all sorts of things get in there. I call it mission creep! Others might call it something else. :wink:

BTW, has Dolores O’Riordan been mentioned yet? If not, this thread is way behind the Beeb.

1 Like

Perhaps “dead at 83” can be excised, removing the contemporaneous aspect of the thread title.

Ha ha! I see the title of the thread has been changed.

“Formative youth”? I would have thought “misspent youth” would be the mot juste!
:slight_smile:

Walt

Misspent? That is what youth is for!

1 Like

There’s two of them, wouldn’t that be the mots justes :wink:

Oui, vous avez raison!
:wink:

Walt

1 Like

Chas Hodges (half of Chas and Dave)

Rabbit

Hi.

This thread is a bit like the forum on ’ The Death List’
Not a bad read though to see who might be going next !

Kind regards
Dave

1 Like

Happened a while back, but only discovered recently that George Harrison joined the list back in 2001 or so. Besides his group effort, also had cool songs like “Crackerbox Palace”:

And “Got My Mind Set On You”:

Apologies in advance if this gets anyone started watching old music videos.

Mike, N4VBV

I don’t watch music videos, they get between me and the music, but thanks, you got some tracks scrolling through my mind!

Now its Martin Balin of Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship. Vale.

Gadzooks! Geoffrey from Rainbow (the TV show not the band) has signed off. Rainbow was essential watching when I was a student at university and recovering from a hangover!

From the script of an unscreened episode…

Geoffrey (to camera) " Hello everyone, today we are talking about
playing"

Bungle: " Playing with each other, Geoffrey?"

Geoffrey:" Yes Bungle, do you have a special friend that you like to play
with?"

:blush: