Pen Llithrig y Wrach (GW/NW-013)

Had a brilliant day out yesterday in the good company of John (GW4BVE) and Robert (G0PEB) even though my fitness level is way down at the moment.

So many were saying how bad the weather was where they were; here is what we were in…

Imgur

Propagation was very good yesterday with loads of intra-G contacts along with a good spread of Continental stations on 40 metres.

My set-up was a FT-817 feeding a 50W amp into a full 1/4 wave vertical for 7 MHz which I’ve been testing prior to a European trip in the summer; it has a far smaller “foot print” than my dipoles. It also works as a 5/8 at 17 metres (with a small matching section).

Carolyn (G6WRW)

In reply to G6WRW:

Hi Carolyn

Good to see you’re getting out again! Well done on finding some snow to play in. Very evocative photos - I’ve really enjoyed doing the big NW’s and will return one day.

Catch you soon

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G6WRW:

Thanks for the s2s yesterday Carolyn. Wx on SB-006 was sunny with 0C to start, then the freezing fog came down but it had almost dissipated again as I packed up. 40m in great shape, managed 76 contacts in little over 40mins so didn`t get on any other bands. I had intended to do Hoove or Birks Fell today on the way back from my parents, however murky fog & increasing snow resulted in me coming directly home. Next trick is to book a car service before I pass the mileage threshold to maintain my waranty!