Paul, HB9DST — 1,000 times up on the summits for SOTA

Dear all

This one is a rare one: Paul, HB9DST, just has been on his 1,000th SOTA activation on hill Pfannenstiel, HB/ZH-011, just east of Lake Zurich.

But Paul has not only been to many summits. No one else has done it from that many associations as Paul – 80 so far. Paul is #4 on our HB9 ranking, just between HB9BQU and HB9CBR, and, for a few weeks only, a honorary member of our local Swiss SOTA club HB9SOTA.

Paul, congrats on your special milestone! RBN shows that Hugo was with you this time, so a good opportunity to have a drink together and to look back to that many opportunities to . . . enjoy!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

40 Likes

Congrats Paul for your 1000th activation!

73 Heinz

1 Like

GREAT BIG CONGRATS, PAUL!
Ken K6HPX

1 Like

A note of interest – my very first SOTA contact way back when was with Mike DJ5AV. And to bookmark the occasion, he was again among my chasers today. Further, Hugo HB9AFH guided me through my first activation, so I thought it appropriate that he join me for this one.

7 Likes

F/CR-142 (Pic des Mouches) - 18/03/2018

Yes ! Bravo Paul !

5 Likes

Paul at an unplanned joint activation on the Schwendelberg on December 11th, 2015 - with the same sun hat as a trademark, hi.
Well done Paul, always take care.

73, Heinz

4 Likes

Congratulations on 1000 summits!

73 De VE6JTW, Jesse

1 Like

Hallo Paul

You are among my TOP 10 in the category “My top chased activators”…that says it all! :wink:

Thank you for many S2S

CU soon - Armin

2 Likes

Congrats, Paul! I wish you many more activations.

73 Jens HB9EKO

2 Likes

Congratulations Paul! 1000 activations in 80 Associations sure is impressive! I enjoyed meeting you on our activation together in the W1 association New Hampshire USA! Bob AC1Z

2 Likes

Congratulations Paul, that’s a great effort!
Geoff ZL3GA

1 Like

Incredible!! Well done!

1 Like

Congratulations Paul! Remember there are some more summits for you. Go on climbing!

73, Christos.

2 Likes

Stunning milestone!

Thanks for letting me tag along on one or two hikes.

Paul
M0SNA/W6PNG

7 Likes

Congratulations Paul ! A whole lot of your activations were by public transport - impressive. Keep going!

73 de Bruno HB9CBR

4 Likes

Yes Bruno, that really deserves praise.

But your own very high level of activations using public transport and your great respect for nature probably remains unmatched, hats off Bruno.

Just for the sake of completeness and that this will also be (again) reminded:
It is noticeable that in the last few years SOTA enthusiasts have particularly praised records - at a time when there is hard struggle on other fronts to reduce the ecological Footprint.
A little less would undoubtedly be a little more here too. Thanks for reading.

4 Likes

Not only has Paul activated 80 associations and 1000 summits but he has also provided excellent advice to many people visitig Switzerland so their SOTApeditions run smoothly.

More than this Paul has donated two of his own radios to be sold and the proceeds going towards the SOTA running costs. Thank you Paul.

7 Likes

Hello Paul @HB9DST.

Congratulations on your 1000th activation and the associated trips :beers: :goat: All the best for your future activations :+1: :slight_smile:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

Not only to Swiss visitors, I was also happy to get valuable information from several of his detailed reports: https://hb9sota.ch/berichte/hb9dst/

Congratulations Paul and enjoy the hobby!

73 Stephan

Update: I changed the link to a new public path, after a kind ham informed me about a 404.

2 Likes

Congratulations Paul!
73 Fabio

1 Like