PA0WLB is SK

I have just been told by Tim the William’s Son, that our dear friend William PA0WLB peacefully passed away yesterday (07/04/2017). I guess i am one of his last qso. I am so sad i cannot say anything else.
Gerald F6HBI

1 Like

Very sorry to hear. True gentleman. Met him here in Norway a few years ago, while he was visiting his mothers birthplace (Kragerø).
Was always a pleasure to have William in my log. Will miss him.

Aage

1 Like

Sorry for the loss of your friend Gerald. I think you expressed your feelings very well with that short simple statement.

Glenn

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that William PA0WLB is now silent key.

Jimmy M0HGY

2 Likes

Very sad to hear of William’s passing. I heard him many times whilst we were both chasing.

Rest in Peace William.

Mark G0VOF

2 Likes

Very sad to hear that William is a silent key. William was a real chaser and supporter of SOTA. He invited me to eat a pancake in a restautrant, because he worked me so often when I activated a summit. We missed now a real SOTA-friend…

Sake PA0SKP

1 Like

what a sad info. he was a real kind chaser. RIP William
kurt HB9AFI

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that.
Some time ago I met him personally. He invited Sake PA0SKP and me to give a lecture about SOTA at his radio club. It was a long drive after a day of qrl, but I could not refuse his request. Real gentleman, although already sick at that time. Missed the pancake, trafficjam, but Sake had my one I guess.
RIP dr William,
Hans PA3FYG

2 Likes

Sad news, I had been chased by William frequently.

If you want to read a real good story had a look into his QRZ page, and see how he did to overcome the challenge of chasing while living on a first floor apartment.
The story does worth and describes the kind of person he was. A real good ham.

I will miss him in my log. Please send my condolences to his son.
73 de Ignacio

1 Like

That is very sad news. Will is in my log with more than 140 Chaser-QSOs and it always was a pleasure to talk to him.
RIP
Martin DF3MC

1 Like

Yes Very Bad news… You’ll miss us William…:’-(
RIP
Tof F5UBH

1 Like

I am really sad to hear the news about William. It was always a pleasure to work him on 10 MHz CW. A real gentkeman indeed. A keen, but always patient chaser. Condolences to his family. He will be missed.

Gerald G4OIG

Rest in Peace William.

Rado S58R

Very bad news,we lost a great SOTA chaser.
Condolences to his family.

Walter,PA0ALW

Thanks Alain for letting us know. My condolences to you for the loss of your friend.
I had the pleasure to QSO with William a couple of times when I was living in Madrid and not yet involved in SOTA.
After I moved back to my birth land and got involved in SOTA, he chased me several times and I’m grateful to him for this.
These are all our QSOs:

Thank you, William, and my deep condolences to his son, the rest of his family and his friends.
Rest in peace…

Guru

1 Like

Tu fer 40 chaser QSOs William!
Will miss u.
RIP!

Andy/DL6AP(/p)

Sorry for that very bad message.
Met Wil for about 10 contacts, chasing me in the past.

R.I.P.
John OE7PHI
+

Sorry to hear about Williams death. I will remember him as a very friendly chaser. My condolences to his family. Bruno HB9CBR

I am very sad that Will passed away. Condolences to his family. I had many contacts with him and I will remember him as a reliable and friendly chaser.
HB9BAB, Jürg

Very sad to hear that William is a silent key now. Very friendly man and patient chaser. I have 50 QSO with him in my log, we were also in contact via email. I was always surprised, that he was able to hear my QRP SSB signals with his small antennas - piece of wire and/or magnetic loop on balcony of his first floor apartment. We will miss you, Willam!

Pavel OK1MCS