Ouch!

Today on EA8/FU-005 I picked up my Xiegu G90 to qsy and immediately threw it down, it was so hot. It bounced off a lava boulder and hit the ground. Thankfully, no damage. Good old Chinese engineering :laughing:. To cap it off, as I got back to the car, the sole fell off my new (for this holiday) karrimor walking shoes :sob: Exactly the same thing happened on my last visit here. Anyway, to the activation, 36 contacts on 20m. I can’t believe this was only the 2nd activation of this fairly accessible summit, one I would happily repeat.

1 Like

I’ve had 2 pairs of Karrimor walking shoes/boots destroyed by EA8 ground.

Looks relatively straightforward from the South or South East.

2 Likes

Nice pic. Straightforward approach from Tindaya. I’m debating whether or not to clean these shoes up and try get a refund from Sports Direct. Or alternatively bin them due to my stingy TUI 15kg luggage allowance :unamused:

I have bought Karrimor shoes for EA8 on a sacrifice basis. Wear them on the way out so they are not part of the allowance with the view to dumping then if needed.

Possibly because of the restrictions and conditions as noted on the summit page?

https://summits.sota.org.uk/article/6490/view

2 Likes

Hi Tom,
That would be right: getting official permission is not quick. We have several peaks that also require permission or a guide. Its always the permission that seems hard, even when there are on-line forms to use.

Ron
VK3AFW

1 Like

Hej Inky,

grey paint helps and saves battery capacity.

Ahoi
Pom

1 Like

That top picture makes it look as if the 857 is run on butane!

1 Like

SOTA is a gas! QED.

2 Likes