One summit in two regions in one association

In Norway, theres a summit, that has a reference number in two regions.
I know that if a summit is in two associations, its possible to activate it twice, and get points for both.
Is it within the rules to activate a summit, whit two diffrent region references, twice on one trip?
Or shouldnt this summit have two refernce numbers?

In reply to LA5XTA:

Is it within the rules to activate a summit, whit two diffrent region
references, twice on one trip?

I think it’s fine. Just move the antenna and operating position across the border between the two regions on the summit.

Barry N1EU

I remember from somewhere in rule 3.7.1 that the operating position governs, so that moving the antenna is technically unnecessary. Got lotsa coax?
Elliott, K6ILM
Chaser Clown

The should not be duplicate references within an association/DXCC. You should report this to your Association Manager, Aage LA1ENA, so he can update the ARM and summit data, and advise MT as soon as possible.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Thanks, will do that when I have time.

The summit is Storskrymten, LA/MR-002 or LA/ST-018
Storskrymten is the highest point in ST, and therefore i think we sholuld remove LA/MR-002.

In reply to LA5XTA:
Got all the information. Agree, we delete LA/MR-002. Also wrong coordinates for this summit.
Hope to do an update in the beginning of 2013. Working on updating the ST-region.

Aage

In reply to LA1ENA:
Guess you remember my emails about ST?
I have some sugestions in summits, especialy close to Trondheim.
Have a lot to do at work right now, bur hopefully i can email you the summit info sometime in october.

In reply to LA5XTA:
Do you have any summmits in the Gauldal area on your suggestion list? Vassfjellet for example?

In reply to M1EYP:
I am in the midst of a review of duplicate summits and have identified approximately 256 currently in the database. Next step is to identify those that are in the same association or DXCC and we will ask the relevant Association Managers to decide which stay and which are deacitvated.
73 Jim G0CQK

In reply to LA9XSA:
Vassfjellet is in the list.

LA1ENA and me are using this list, if you have any other suggestions, just give me the name and height of the summit, and i will add it to the list.

There are several summits in the Gauldal area on the list.
With several summits in the Reinsfjell area, and in the moutains west of the E6 between Berkaak and Stoeren.

You probarly know about Liaaasen (Estenstadmarka), Solemsvaattan (Reppe), and Graakallen. These summits are within local bus range from Trondheim. And already on the list.

If you have any questions to SOTA, feel free to ask, we need more activators here in Norway.

In reply to LA5XTA:
Thanks. I was thinking of starting with LiaÃ¥sen and GrÃ¥kallen and then maybe LA/NT-027, but I’ve walked up to Vassfjellet from the front door so it’s the closest summit right now.

In reply to G0CQK:
This thread has been considering duplicate summits within a given association, but what if it is between two different SOTA associations that are the same DXCC, for instance this issue is going to happen between VK1 and VK2.

73 de Wayne VK3WAM

In reply to VK3WAM:

Duplicate summits are not permitted on the borders of Associations within the same DXCC entity. That is to say that a summit shared between, say, Canada and the USA may be listed by both entities and may even score different points on opposite sides of the border, but summits may not be shared between two States within any DXCC, so AMs have to decide which Association may claim the summit.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to LA5XTA:

Erik,
I am thinking about going to LA/ST-008 - Fongen, a college has a cabin two days walk from there, I have some questions about the region as you have been there could I contact you via e-mail? if so see my QRZ listing for my email…

thanks
Arie

In reply to PG1A:
No problem at all!

Duplicate summits are not permitted on the borders of Associations
within the same DXCC entity. That is to say that a summit shared
between, say, Canada and the USA may be listed by both entities and
may even score different points on opposite sides of the border

I have just worked Christian who was using just 1 callsign, OK/OE2013J, and claiming he was on 2 summits simultaneously, (OK/JC-001 & OE/OO-066). I fail to understand how this can be or am I missing something ?

Victor GI4ONL

In reply to GI4ONL:

The rules are clear. A summit can exist in 2 associations if it’s on the border. But only if they are separate DXCC.

What you cannot do is sit on a summit and give both refs at the same time. You are either activating OK/JC-001 or OE/OO-066 but not both. To activate it again with the other prefix you need to take the station down and move and set up again.

Andy
MM0FMF

What you cannot do is sit on a summit and give both refs at the same
time. You are either activating OK/JC-001 or OE/OO-066 but not both.
To activate it again with the other prefix you need to take the
station down and move and set up again.

Cheers Andy, that was my take on it, therefore I will claim the OK summit because of his prefix. I tried telling Christian but he was under the misapprehension he could operate both simultaneously.

Victor GI4ONL

In reply to MM0FMF:

To activate it again with the other prefix you need to take the
station down and move and set up again.

According to Rule 3.7.1.13 “The Position of the Operator is deemed to be the Operating Position” which strongly suggests that only the operator needs to move, you can set up the rig on the boundary and just step to either side of it. This may not be the intention of the rule but that’s the way it reads!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

If a summit of Association A (i.e. OK, Czech Republic) is very close to the border of Association B (i.e. DM, Germany) may I activate this summit if my postion is located in Association B and within the activation zone (25m-rule) without crossing the border and using the callsign of Association B ?

vy 73
Georg
DL9NCI