ON summits changes in 2022

The use of public available LIDAR data, resulted in an update of the ON ARM. Version 5.4 is available as from now on the SOTA Website: SOTA Summits

Changes:

• ON/ON-030: new summit (as from 1/2/2022)
  • ON/ON-031: new summit (as from 1/2/2022)
  • ON/ON-017: demoted (valid until 31/1/2022)
  • ON/ON-024: demoted (valid until 31/1/2022)
  • ON/ON-001: height corrected
  • ON/ON-018: height corrected
  • ON/ON-027: height corrected
  • ON/ON-028: height corrected
  • ON/ON-029: height corrected

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this update.

73, Peter ON4UP
ON Association Manager

8 Likes

Too bad about ON-024. I liked that one.

1 Like

Me and my dad Tom M1EYP were planning to come back to Belgium (ON) at some-point to activate the remaining SOTA summits there that we didnā€™t manage to activate during our Benelux trip back in 2019. Unfortunately both ON/ON-017 and ON/ON-024 were SOTA summits that we hadnā€™t managed to activate and if it wasnā€™t for COVID19, we may have managed to take trip to Belgium (ON) to activate them 2 SOTA summits. However it is good to hear that 2 new SOTA summits have been found so whenever we do manage to take a trip to Belgium (ON), we will include them 2 new SOTA summits along with the remaining SOTA summits we have left to do there and that new one in Luxembourg (LX) LX/LX-005. Due to the current COVID19 situation at the moment, I feel uncomfortable traveling abroad so activating ON/ON-017 and ON/ON-024 before they are deleted is very unlikely.

Jimmy M0HGY

2 Likes

Hi Peter,

A real pity you demote 2 good sota and bring in a ā€œterrilā€, it is unnatural and therefor not a real mountain. Belgian Sota is already so small, I wish all terrils would get demoted and real mountains would come in effectively. For sure thereā€™s more in Belguim then ā€œterrilsā€ā€¦ ā€¦

Frank

1 Like

Hi Frank,

If you know any ā€˜realā€™ summits with 100m prominence in Belgium, please share the info so they can be added to the SOTA program.

73, Peter

Are we not on prominence 150 ?

No, Belgium has P100.

1 Like

Peter,

I activated all the ON SOTAā€™s. So itā€™s nice, two new mountains in ON. I am very curious where they are. Then I hope to activate them both soon. I donā€™t see any info in the database (yet). What is the location of these two SOTAā€™s?

73 - PA9CW -Tonnie

Hi Tonnie,
they are in the new ARM, page 7 :wink:

ON-030 246 Terril de lā€™Hougarde (ouest) 50 23 47 N 04 17 51 E 50.39651 4.29745 JO20DJ 1/2/2022 1 point
ON-031 343 ChĆ¢teau dā€™eau de Havelange 50 21 15 N 05 20 40 E 50.35405 5.34432 JO20QI 1/2/2022 2 points

Luc ON7DQ

4 Likes

Luc,

Thanks for the info!

The terril may be difficult to climb, I donā€™t see any tracks anywhere ā€¦ but on the other hand, there is a 70 kV powerline nearby, maybe with an inductive loop and a rectifier , you can (re)charge your batteries , HI !

The other one is a water tower along the road with a parking spot just across the street ā€¦ that should be an easy one.

Luc ON7DQ

4 Likes

Just a reminder:

73, Peter

Clicking on teh reference brings up no info for new summits., at least when I click on it. Message is: loading, but nothing happens Please add referene info completely on refletor: name, QTH, points.
Thank you.
73 Patrick ON4BCA

Click on the links Peter posted above.
The summits will (dis)appear automatically on the other pages when their status changes.

1 Like

ok, done and seen, thank you

All changes made to the BOS! maps on www.belgiumoutdoorshack.be

2 Likes