OK/G4OBK QRP Tour to the Czech Republic

Tnx Roy for passing that info on. Power ran out mid CQ on KR-062 just after working RN6K on 20m CW. Replying on my phone whilst waiting to be picked up by Vrata OK1KT in his car after an excellent linear walk and good SOTA day with 132 QSOs from 5 summits.

73 Phil

1 Like

Hi Phil,

congrats for such a well organized trip. Thanks for sharing the info, a thread to be taken as a good example if I ever do anything similar.
I am glad I could work you today S2S, so great!!

Good luck in the rest of your tour, VY 73
Ignacio EA2BD

Another good day today, dry weather, one day left. 6 summits today for 148 QSOs. 20m and 30m in pretty good shape, with VK2IO and VK5PAS logged on 20m from KR-013 first off this morning.

I spent an enjoyable evening dinner last night woth Vrata OK1KT and Jan OK2PDT. Thanks to Vrata (pictured left) I was able to activate the five summits on the ridge yesterday, as Vrata met me in his car and saved me the 8 mile walk back to my hotel. Thanks to Jan (pictured centre) for route info for KR-072 - perfect, and the last done today as an extra.

73 Phil

(

3 Likes

Good to catch you on some of the summits

Big thanks again you been very very busy

Karl

Thanks for the SSB contact yesterday, Phil. I was chasing you on CW, kept missing you on 30m and 20m and was very surprised to hear you on SSB. The band was certainly in good shape. Today, just heard you on 20m CW, nothing on 30m or SSB this time. Good luck with your trip!
Cheers, Gerard - VK2IO

Clocked phil on KR078 0703 utc 20m SSB
Now await him on next one

He.s not hanging about is he
Also noted later in day as it goes along he’s appearing on freq and listening as when appeared on bands of SSB I give a call and if he’s heard me calls back this worked three times yesterday. This morning was calling CQ. No doubt conserving his battery life.

UPdate thats KR-074 wkd 20m now off to next one 08:10 utc
He is a busy busy boy :smile:

Up UP Date :open_mouth:
he’s at it again another OK/KR-052 awaiting call on 20m ssb :slight_smile:

Karl

Well so far, that,s 5 simmits clocked including an extra one Today.

OK/KR-078
OK/KR-074
OK/KR-020
OK/KR-080 BONUS SUMMIT
OK/KR-079

And i was right further into the day we go towards mid day the harder he gets to be heard here. Was coming in well at first and laters down and down again and barely heard the last time

Reckon the OK/ST-075 may turn out to be impossible.
But what the hell been good morning with Phil before he comes home

Big thanks to Phil for his efforts & time for us chasers

Karl

1 Like

Congratulations Phil on your successful OK qrp tour and what a fantastic last day with eight SOTA summits activated on HF. Have a safe journey home and a well deserved rest!

Nick

1 Like

Thanks to all. A great tour, and Nick - I wasn’t sure I activated 8 today, checked my log and your right.

Today was planned on the hoof - a road closure near Nachod meant I detoured close enough to KR-080 to call in. Later whilst stuck in a traffic jam I realised KR-052 was close to my route back to Prague, as was KR-057. I just had time to do the planned ST-075 which was a 15 mins drive from the airport.

Just had my first meal of the day after breakfast. Summits were easy to access so survived the day on Lidls apple juice and energy bars.
Gate now open, so hoping I get through security with everything in my rucksack. Methinks when they smell sweaty socks and underpants they’ll wave me through!

73 and thanks all

Phil

4 Likes

Thanks Phil, for all the points last weekend. I made 120 chaser points, thanks to your OK Tour. It was a pleasure too work you on 30 meters. Nice signals and good CW.
Hope security will let you through with your gadgets in your bagage. :grinning:

Good luck 73, Tonnie PA9CW.

Well done on the SOTApedition Phil. Listened for you several times but I guess you were just to close for me on 20m and as I don’t do CW, couldn’t catch you on the lower bands. Good to hear the various chasers call you though (including Paul VK5PAS) and watch your progress around OK - well done.

73 Ed.

What’s this I see you didn’t change for dinner? :smile:

And sorry that I wasn’t able to catch you on any of your summits. When I had a chance to operate the sky god just wasn’t playing :disappointed_relieved:

Anyway, what a great trip you had and well executed.

ABW, with this nice settled wx in GM, later this week I’m off on a two night lightweight camping ES Acitivation trip. May catch you on the air if you’ve recovered - hi!

Jack(;>J

Hi Phil,
I hope you’re right at home.
The last day of your expedition was fantastic, unbelievable finish.
I was ready to call you at every summit with my PA, unfortunately I have only heard one hill.

73 Jan

Congratulations Phil, that sounds like a lot of fun. I was away at the hamfest in Newark so missed most of your activations but pleased to get a couple yesterday.

Unlike me on my recent EA6 trip, I see you managed to take the connecting lead from the pico keyer to the radio, (p,p,p,p,p,p.springs to mind)!

Victor GI4ONL

1 Like

Dear All

I have finished writing up my marathon blog report up of my four day Czech Tour from late September. You can find it on my blog on this link I’ll start on my Ibiza write up next week hopefully.

73 Phil G4OBK

5 Likes

I am always proud of you Phil!

Again without 40m? You need 13m wire for 40 and UP.
Sun favors G,EA and acrivators also…
73 de Mariusz

Sorry Mariusz but it is me who decides how I do my activations not you the chaser. The activator is king when time is limited and I spend my money doing it not yours! And yes I saw your spots during this and other expeditions criticising me for not using the frequencies that suit you, it isn’t good OM and it can sap the activators morale…

You weren’t complaining about the 14 QSOs you made with me when I was in EA6 on 17m, 20m and 30m were you?

Sorry but I do not like your attitude on this. As a chaser myself I take what comes and do not whinge about the ones I miss OM, you ought to keep quiet.

Phil G4OBK

2 Likes

What tube is in that ?, looks like a 3-500Z :confused: Not sure !

Jonathan

Looks like a 3-500Z to me too.