OE5 SOTA Day 2016

We will hold this year’s OE5-SOTA Day on Saturday, September 10, 2016 in the Salzkammergut Region of OE5. The plan is to activate summits in the area around Bad Ischl, Strobl and Bad Goisern. Please post your planned activations on SOTAWatch and try to spread out to different summits. There are plenty in this area and it should be easy to find one that fits to your skills and interests.

After the activations we will then gather at Gasthof zur Wacht at around 16:00 local time. The meeting is open end.

Gasthof Zur Wacht
Aigen 18
5351 Strobl am Wolfgangsee
www.zurwacht.at

Anybody interested in SOTA is welcome to join the fun!

73 Martin, OE5REO

5 Likes

Hi Martin,

I will spend my holiday together with my XYL Gabi and our dog Noah at Strobl from 8.09.16 to 14.09.16. I hope to activate a summit on Saturday 10.09. and meet you later with my family at the Gasthof Zur Wacht!
We are looking forward to the meeting with the OE SOTA friends,

73 Lutz DL3SBA

2 Likes

Hi Lutz,

that’s great news!! Looking forward to meet you at the OE5 SOTA DAY …

73 de Martin, OE5REO
www.oe5reo.at

Hi Martin,

I will try to activate a peak in the Bad Ischl / St. Gilgen area on the OE5-SOTA day - it depends mainly on the weather on the day. If all turns out well, it would be good to meet up in the Gasthof later :yum:

73, Rob

2 Likes

Pray conditions be kind that day as a little hit and miss at moment

karl

Weather forecast for Bad Ischl:

1 Like

The weather forecast is favorable, the OE5-SOTA-Day will take place on Saturday, Sept 10, 2016 as announced.

There are already 12 alerts for Saturday on SOTAwatch.

73 + see you on the bands!

Heinz, OE5EEP

3 Likes

I will unfortunately not be able to activate this weekend due to ill health, but I’ll try to do some chasing for the event. Hope you all have good weather and safe activations.

Rob

Sorry to hear that Rob. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to work you as a chaser this Saturday!

73 Martin, OE5REO

This years OE5-SOTA Day was great success. We were blessed with fine late-summer weather, blue skies all day and not too hot.

I had 23 QSO’s on 2m FM which tells a lot about activity. 12 QSO’s were S2S! I never before came even close to these numbers in a single day of activation!

At the get-together in Gasthof “Zur Wacht” we were about 20 people. I think a group picture will follow soon…

73 Heinz

2 Likes

here are some pictures to proof it …

73 Martin, OE5REO

2 Likes