OE/DL Border tour

I will be continuing my OE/DL Border tour tomorrow (Monday) now that the WX is improving. Roy G4SSH will spot. I will always start on 10.118 MHz on CW before moving to 20m CW/SSB. 17m band will be last and I operate around 18.075 then 18.145 MHz.

73 de Phil G4OBK

In reply to G4OBK:
Phil, could you also try 145.500 ?
I’m probably to near for a QSO with you.

John OE7PHI
+

In reply to OE7PHI:

Sorry John - I wish I could but I haven’t brought a 2m antenna or my handheld with me. I am in Seefeld with family members.

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:
Will try to find you on HF, Phil.
Good wishes and have a nice holiday there - bye

73 John

In reply to G4OBK:

Will be on the lookout for you Phil hope you have a good day.

73 de Terry GO0VWP

In reply to G4OBK:
Thanks for the points so far Phil, following your trip with interest!

I worked you earlier with a kx1 running off the internal aa batteries, nice.

73, Ian.

In reply to MM0GYX:
A fantastic day Ian - tks for the contacts on what was quite an adventure for me. It’s a bit different here to the Lake District and North Pennines!!
I was pleased to work Paul OE7PHI on HF CW today also.
Thanks to Roy G4SSH for many QSOs and spottin support along with others, much appreciated.

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

Thanks for all the points Phil it was nice to work you on the summits and as you say it is a lot different there use to do a lot of skiing around Kitzbuhel in the 70s
Will you be doing anymore before returning home.

73 Terry

In reply to G0VWP:
Hi Terry / All

I had a rest day today, its very hot, and plan to activate two easier DL/WS less mountainous summits tomorrow from Mittenwald - now alerted. The WX forecast is good. I will follow the same operating pattern as I did yesterday, with Roy alerting me on 10118 first.

I ran out of time on my last border activations yesterday of DL/KW-004 OE/TI-628 and did not try 17m because of this. At 1900 local time I was still at 2100m worrying about the daylight on an untried route. I reached the Brunnsteinhutte Mountain Hut (1560m) at 2000L for a rewarding drink and short rest. I left woodland at 2130 just in time, before it was fully dark, returning to Seefeld by Taxi. 200 QSOs were completed in CW/SSB over the day, I used up one 3 cell 4A LIPO, one 4 cell 5A LIPO and half used one 4 cell 5A LIPO over the four activations, running 50w all day.

I’ll put a few pictures on Flickr of yesterdays tour.

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

Hi Phil,

Well looks like you had a really good day yesterday Phil looking at the photos that you had taken, looking forward to working you tomorrow and you take care now.
Temp at moment here in York is 27.4c wall to wall sunshine hope it’s like this next tuesday for my trip to lakes for 10 days.

Terry

Thanks all for the QSOs yesterday - 88 QSOs in CW/SSB logged from the two DL/WS summits activated. I hope to finish off my tour today at around 1045z back in Tirol with the 4 pointer of Zaunlkopf TI-656.

I was very pleased to work N4EX on 18075 yesterday from DL/WS-052, the only other stations worked on 17m CW were G4SSH and UN7AB. I had no takers on SSB on that band. 20m was in poor shape also. I packed up when the rain came and made my bus in Mittenwald with 10 miutes to spare. €1.90 bus fare was better than the €30 taxi fare, which I had to pay on Monday because I was late.

Phil

In reply to G4OBK: OE/TI-656
Excuse my bad >CW, thanks for SSB qso on 20m. Which way you where gone? The long street or by the forest ( old lift-station)?. One time this summit, thats enough for me, it was not a fine trip for me and my little dog. A fine trip is Grünberg (also 6P) OE/TI-564, not so far from Seefeld.
OE7HPI, Holger