Nw-042 makes the century

Well spotted Barry, swooping in to make his own historical mark on the summit.

I find it a bit odd that GW/NW-043 Cyrn-y-Brain has only been done 84 times seeing how most people either do them as a pair or come back to do the other one later. In fact I think it is the somewhat easier of the two summits.

Pity I have missed Barry, I am in work.:o(

73 Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

I preferred Cyrn-y-Brain as it has a shelter and the fog had partly lifted by the time I got there. Quite cosy - stayed long enough to drain a whole 3.3AH SLAB and get partly down the NiMH’s in my handheld.

Well done Barry - I guess you expended some battery power in lighting your way… or do Whippets see in the dark?

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

Congratulations on making a little piece of sota history for yourself Barry, fingers crossed that someone doesn’t try and take it off you, hi.
Next time you do a late night one up there, leave me at home, hi, that was a cold one mate. Well done.

73 Mike GW0DSP.

In reply to 2E0HJD:

Thanks for the congrats lads, I will write an activation report tomorrow.

73 Barry (The Whippet) M3PXW

There are now 15 summits that are 100-up. Including one I have never been to!

In reply to M1EYP:

You`ll need permission from our friend in Ulverston.

In reply to G1INK:

“Our friend” (amico nostra)? I never realised Dave was a “made man”.

GW7AAV of the Welsh Mafia ;oD

(When I introduce you, I’m gonna say, “This is a friend of mine.” That means you’re a connected guy. Now if I said instead, “this is a friend of ours”, that would mean you a made guy. Capice? ~ Benjamin “Lefty” Ruggiero)