NW-003 Glydr Fawr - A Question or 2

A fascinating discussion and if this isn’t the place for it I cannot see where is. I will never be a climber due to being too unfit, too over weight, and too scared, but climbing is the natural progression of hill walking for those young and fit enough. A little light scrambling is enough for me and at times even that has had the adrenalin flowing. Keep up these types of discussions and lets see some of those combined activations and climbs videoed and onto YouTube. I can’t wait to see the video of the Inn Pin activated on HF ;o) How about a kite antenna from the top?

73 Steve GW7AAV

I actually searched youtube for any video if the idwal slabs and found this gem. Not sure if its funny or disturbing.

Hopefully no-one was underneath the thing.

Ian
G7ADF

In reply to G7ADF:

Ian,

That’s how they get into the stream a couple of hundred metres above the spot I’ve just taken a drink at! It shows that animals actually think, but like humans often make stupid mistakes.

73, Gerald

In reply to MM0FMF:

In reply to G4OIG:

Trio TR7010. That was my first rig. In many ways I’m sad I sold it. I did think about buying another from eBay but it’s not the same.

I know what you mean Andy. I used mine for 2m meteor scatter for many years and then refurbished it and it sits as an exhibition piece in my cupboard. Don’t think I’d ever sell it, though I did see one go for over £70 on eBay!

73, Gerald

I’ve uploaded a video of Tryfan via Grooved Arete. Its in 3 parts (Tryfan1, Tryfan2 and Tryfan3) The hard climbing isn’t video’d because someone had to hold the rope!
from Charlie

In reply to G0PZO:
Great videos Charlie… I cant believe it was so busy. I did it mid week and didn’t see a soul on the route.

Thanks for sharing them…

73 Marc GØAZS

Excelent vids charlie.

Dont you just love it when you get a screamer, especially when its a bloke :slight_smile:

To be fair, there’s a fair bit of exposure for novices to cope with.

Ian

In reply to G0PZO:

Superb!!!

I wouldn’t have screamed but I might have cried for my mummy.

Well done Charlie & Mike great video.

Steve GW7AAV

Ok, so strictly off topic here, but out of the numerous climbing videos on U-Bend, I found these. The first is ok (in fact recomended) for those who suffer from vertigo, whilst the second is definately not.

1. Monty Python - Climbing the North Face of the Uxbridge Road - YouTube

2. - YouTube

Its a shame that the best climbing film I’ve ever seen isnt available (Stone Monkey) unless I want to pay £15 for it. Bit steep seeing that Channel 4 occaisionally puts it on for free.

Ian
G7ADF