NP Funday tomorrow G4OBK NP-024

Hi All

It looks good for our trip up to Hoove NP-024 tomorrow. I am taking a vertical antenna for 2m FM only, but I do have 50w of power so if I can hear 'em I can probably work 'em. It’s a funday so I can be QRV in minutes rather than the 20 minutes it takes me to get sorted if I do HF. Apologies to the HF Chasers, but with the XYL on board I won’t be able to spend 2 hours on the top, maybe get away with an hour without too much grief.

We are leaving Pickering at about 0915z so hope to be in position and QRV by 1300z. Its not a very good location for VHF by all accounts but with so many activating the NP summits I shouldn’t be short of contacts.

I’m glad it’s cold and frosty tonight, so it shouldn’t be so boggy on Hoove.

73 and good luck to the others who are activating. We will be heading back home straight afterwards.

Phil G4OBK

In reply to G4OBK:

Hi Phil,

Will be trying very hard to make it over to you from Great Knoutberry. Think I will put the beam up vertical to start off with and if the handheld is insufficient, I will plug the beam in. I will be QRV on SSB once the FM session has past and also have 70cms, 23cms FM and 4m FM with me… may be off the summit by 1500, but maybe not!

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:
Hi Gerald

Sounds like you mean business with a long session and you should be the highest scorer QSO wise, although we all know it isn’t a contest!

Good effort - and a long journey for you. I guess you may have fixed up some accommodation up this way.

Hope to work you tomorrow then.

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:

Hi Chaps

I will be arriving at NP-028 at approx 10:30 and doing a HF activation first, starting approx 11:00 to give as many chasers as possible the point. I will activate in the order as follows…

3.557-cw, 3.666-ssb, 5.398.5-ssb, 7.032-cw, 7.118-ssb, 10.118-cw. Please listen out for me and all spots are welcome. All times QRGs are +/-

At 13:00 I will be on 145.500 fm with 50 watts and the SB5 vertical, followed by 144-ssb, beam horizontal.

Good luck to all taking part, let’s have a good one.

Mike GW0DSP