NP activations and thanks

Thanks to all with whom I had QSOs last week whilst up in the NP area with my family and friends.

It was a great week and a very beautiful area - I’ve been in the general area before, but doing the karrimor mountain marathon, where I only really see the 2m in front of my feet as I struggle to keep up with my brother. It was a nice change having all those stone walls as a wind break whilst activating some of the summits. I managed to squeeze in Ingleborough, Whernside, Pen y Ghent, Dodd Fell, Great Shunner, and Wild Boar Fell around family activities and walks in the end - mainly by doing some running to catch up with the others, which probably tested the ruggedness of the FT 817 somewhat.

It was great to have so many chasers actively listening during the midweek - thanks!

Apologies to Mike GW0DSP for missing him on Wild Boar Fell -I’d taken down my main mast and beam and was having a last ditch attempt to qualify the summit on my rucsac mounted J pole from the other end of the summit plateau before descending - which I managed thanks to three quick QSOs on the whip.

73s and thanks again

Neil MW0ECX

In reply to MW0ECX:
Great to work you Neil - missed Wild Boar though :frowning:
Could you look at your database entries - you entered Great Shunner with the callsign M0EX/P and my call on Dodd Fell as G40(zero)WG.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to MW0ECX:

No need whatsoever for any apologies Neil.
It was a great pleasure to work you on all of the other summits, It’s nice to hear that you had such a good time in NP land. Well done.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to MW0ECX:
Nice to work you Neil, I cant get out to Wales from my current QTH but a move in a matter of months will mean theres a fair chance of working you again in the near future. As always with SOTA activators and Chasers alike Manners and decency are what I have come to expect, and to remember my name (from my callsign) so quickly impressed me :slight_smile:

Martin
M3VQE