Note to Chasers

Hi all,

I saw a spot today for Paul MW1EQD/P on Moel-y-Gamelin GW/NW-042. Paul was activating Cyrn-y-Brain GW/NW-043. Please correct your chasers logs if you loged Paul on GW/NW-042, change it to GW/NW-043.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Thanks for that, Jimmy, most helpful.

On the same subject, Richard GW0VMW/P was originally spotted erroneously as being on NW-024, this was soon corrected to NW-034 but it would be worthwhile for those who worked to check their logs and make sure they were not mislead.

Brian G8ADD

On the same subject, Richard GW0VMW/P was originally spotted
erroneously as being on NW-024, this was soon corrected to NW-034 but
it would be worthwhile for those who worked to check their logs and
make sure they were not mislead.

That was my mistake - I wrote down the wrong reference and then spotted him with the wrong one too.

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G0LGS:

Never mind, Stewart, we all make mistakes!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to M3EYP:

Paul, when asked, was not sure which summit (of the Ponderosa two) he was on. From his description and answers to questions, both Mike DSP and myself understood that it was NW-042, hence my spot for that summit (which I have since removed).

Mike G4BLH

In reply to G4BLH:

Not much escapes Jimmy’s notice Mike (or his attention to detail!).

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G4BLH:

I worked a station on moely gamelin but he was not on the summit he was on the hill before just above the ponderosa, so not a qualifiying summit. he told me he was going to go by the transmitters but went up the other hill, the other side of ponderosa. he stopped were the wooden fence ceases / hand rail.

I dont know which station this was but do have a mw1edq/p in my log.

im afraid it will have to remain a mystery unless paul mw1eqd can clarify.

rgds keith g0oxv

When I worked Paul MW1EQD/P, he told me that he was by the transmitter compound, up the road from the Ponderosa, on the same side of the A542 as the Ponderosa. Also he mentioned that someone had told him the name of the hill was “something like Curny Briany”. From that, I gathered he was on GW/NW-043!

Posts above suggest otherwise. A mystery indeed.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Well not much can i say about this till i speak with Paul (m1eqd) tomorrow, But when i spoke to him on Friday night,he said he was going up the first summit near to the fence to attach the sota pole to it, He always Say’s that he love that summit, not sota one,
until Monday night everyone will be on tender-hooks, and watching this space,

Steve m0sgb

In reply to M3EYP:
Spoke to paul last night and he said, he walked from the ponderoser cafe, up the first hill then down otherside and turned right, towards the forrest and activated from there, i never saw a forrest last time i was up there, paul really enjoyed himself,