Nostalgia - Not SOTA

Chas Young (G2AK) ?

Walt (G3NYY)

More nostalgia, Chas Young was in the city centre, Dale End, until he closed down and the area was redeveloped. Everything I built from about 1956 until the shop closed used his stock. If I close my eyes I can still picture the shop and the gear on the shelves!

Brian

Donā€™t remember the store in Dale End, when I was a lad his emporium was at the top of Corporation Street, just before the law courts. Bought my first set of Denco coils there when I was kneehigh to a grasshopper, a few years later in my early teens I spent many a happy hour ferretting through the boxes of bargains not realising I was witnessing the dying throes of a grand institution. One fateful day I went up there to find it goneā€¦ still remember the desolation I felt now :cry:

Dangerous stuff this nostalgia :-s

73 de Paul G4MD

Eee, when I were a lad, I eyed up the FT1000MP and Kenwood TS870S.

One of my Elmers had a TS950SDX coupled to a 3 element beam, boy it was fun cycling across the valley on my bike to play in the shack for the afternoon! Those days were golden, ragchewing with North Americanā€™s who were having their breakfasts. :smile:

The first HF rig that I operated at my parentā€™s house was a borrowed Icom IC735. Good times!

73, Colin

Iā€™d forgotten that, Paul, yes he moved from Corporation Street to Dale End, for a while both shops were open before he completed the move. When I bought the one valve TRF kit it was from the Corporation Street store. My later projects came from Dale End.

Brian