Norbreck Rally (Blackpool) 9th April 2017

Sunday 9th April 2017 (just two days away!) sees the Norbreck Rally in Blackpool. As usual we will be running a SOTA stand and will be most glad to see old faces and new!

More information at the NARSA Web site:

Doors will open at 10.30 and 10:15 for those with disabilities.

5 Likes

Hello Simon. I hope you have a great day with the SOTA stand at the Norbreck Rally.
Best Wishes to all. 73 de Paul M0CQE.

1 Like

Will be my first time there. Hope to meet a few activators and chasers. Regards Mark M6VMS

I will be there complete with two poles for the SOTA stand’s banner.

Thank you Richard.

1 Like

I intend to be at the rally.

I’ll be bringing the world famous Mountain Goat rig built on the summit of Whernside earlier this year. :laughing:

There’s also a possibility of the world debut of the Hilltop 20 SOTA rig.

Look forward to meeting friends old and new.

73, Colin

6 Likes

We should be there early on , Glad the poles are sorted, will bring a couple of clamps and lots of tape, Audrey is busy at the baking, I am not allowed in 'cos I keep pinching little sausage rolls.
Looking forward to seeing everyone
Rob and Audrey
G4RQJ

2 Likes

I’m intending to be there. I made the trip last year for the first time, and really enjoyed it.

I’ve even used some of the bits and pieces that I bought there :wink:

Adrian
G4AZS

It will be great to see everbody tomorrow. As last year I’m staying over tonight, it makes travel so much easier.
Currently sat on the front in Sunny Blackpool :slight_smile:

73, Mark G0VOF

3 Likes

Greetings to those all gathering.
Great to contact a few on 80m this morning from G/DC-003 while out portable and pick up a nice double S2S with ester and Ian on G/SP-017 and couple contacts to those on SD-35 Dave and Paul.

Battery dropped below a certain voltage and rig cut out time to pack up and go home

karl

I’m in the sunny Lake District, looking forward to catching up tomorrow!

Really looking forward to this one :slight_smile:

Colin

1 Like

It grieves me not to be going. Family holiday got in the way but hope to work some of you on 2m-FM from Tal y Fan. 73, John G4YSS/ GX0OOO/p.

1 Like

I polished off activation #494 on Hightown Hill. Glorious WX but that wont last for my SOTApedition next week.

Must get that beard trimmed sometime!

2 Likes

I’ll send a pair of :scissors: if you’d like - you shaggy dog you!!! :joy:

And, sorry I’ll miss all you Blackpool-eers today. Had intended being down this year myself, but due to an accident with my Mum during the week I had to change plans.

So ABW cu-use next year. Or at the http://www.amateurradio.eu/2016/07/01/scottish-amateur-radio-convention-2017/ where we will have a SOTA table.

73 all es hve a gud day

Jack(;>J

I’ll be doing the WAB stand. Please drop by and say hello.

1 Like

Andy. did await you guys on 40m SSB.
Conditions good enough to reach down here as worked SP and LD summits no problem.
have good time folks

Karl Sunny Cornwall

Greetings from a mild and overcast Benidorm. I had a wander round with some of the guys in the band last night and the place reminded us very much of Blackpool. But not in a good way.

Thanks to Rob, Audrey, Simon, Mark, Andy, Colin and anyone else helping to promote SOTA today. Sorry to miss the event, but this was just too big a gig to turn down!

Have a great day everyone.

1 Like

Nice to see lots of folk. Thanks Audrey for the cake!

Yes, thanks to Audrey for the sausage roll, great to put faces to the voices.
May the sunshine continue.

Regards
David
G0EVV

1 Like