Norbreck rally (Blackpool) 10th April

No Gerald, sadly just a box not a box van :-s

1 Like

Plenty of room for a KX3 with all the trimmings, if size is the only criterion :wink:

2 Likes

My XYL would heartily approve. It’s my predeliction for very large and extremely heavy valved equipment she’s trying to curb…

2 Likes

In my case it would be 6’ x 2’ x 18" and would get planted outside (by the xyl) with a granite marker

3 Likes

Caroline and I are intending to go this year. Travelling to Blackpool on Saturday and hoping to do a summit on the way.

Martyn M1MAJ

1 Like

Saturday night in Blackpool - brave.

1 Like

Nah… staying at my mother’s house at the genteel end of town…

3 Likes

All being well I should be there. Will say hi to SOTA, WAB, FISTS and Richard (Sotabeams).

Whilst trying not to buy anything I don’t need.

Neil
G0WPO

1 Like

I will be delighted to say hello - and also to sell you lots of things that you did not realise that you needed.

5 Likes

Sir David Attenborough would have a field day at Norbreck :smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone know what time it ends usually? I have looked on the website, but could only find the start time. I’m hoping to do a couple of activations in LD, but have a full day pass from my wife, so…

It ends when the traders pack up. Usually mid-afternoon from memory. Although I am sure a few of the traders in this thread will confirm the definitive time.

Thanks Jon. I don’t think I’ll make it in time then. Enjoy!

Hopefully it will be a good rally by that I mean it won’t be full of computer junk. It doesn’t change much usually.

I think the nominal finish time is 4pm. But some of the traders who have travelled further will probably start packing up from about 3pm.

We pack up 5 minutes after people stop buying things (or we run out of things to sell - which never happens). It starts getting quieter after 2pm and I would expect we will be gone by 4pm.

After 2pm you start to realise that the people you see are the same people who have been there all day and who’s hobby is walking round rallies.

3 Likes

Caroline and I last went in 2014. I recall that we stayed until chucking out time. We were definitely being encouraged over the PA to leave. Our GPS track shows us going out of the main doors at 1503Z, so 4pm local as the official closing time sounds right. As others have said most traders pack up well before that.

Conversely, It is surprising what you miss first time round though. I usually leave around 13:00 hrs.

Just setting off. Hope to see some of you there :slight_smile:

73 de Paul G4MD

Thin covering of snow here in the Skipton area! Roads are clear but quite foggy. It’s meant to be very sunny later.