None activation gm/ss-269

Sorry my first activation did not go as planned, parked car in car park, unloads,radio, mast, antenna’s, no battery. I know i’m probaly not the first to do that. Next time i will make a tick list, before i set off.

Charlie g1wae.

In reply to G1WAE:

Still look on the bright side Charlie at least you noticed it in the car park and not on the summit.

Once did DC-004 and found that I’d left the mast behind but managed to inprovise an HF mast using broom handle stuck in the trig point and some handy bushes. The antenna was about 5ft off the ground but worked quite well certainly up to Penrith. Who says you need height?

Peter G1FOA

Once did DC-004 and found that I’d left the mast behind but managed to
inprovise an HF mast using broom handle stuck in the trig point and
some handy bushes. The antenna was about 5ft off the ground but worked
quite well certainly up to Penrith. Who says you need height?

Why did you take a broom ??

Stewart G0LGS

In reply to G0LGS:

Isn’t that mandatory kit, Stewart? :wink:
Rule 3.7.3 Code of Conduct “Care must also be taken to avoid leaving litter.”

Karen 2E0XYL

In reply to 2E0XYL:

Boom Boom!

Oh, that’s a brush…

Sometimes there is a simple answer Stewart.

A couple of days before I had been cleaning the caravan. I’d taken the broom to do the high bits and left it in the car as you do.

And just to clarify it a bit more the broom was, well still is, the type where the head unscrews.

You also may or may not believe it but Hensborough Beacon trig point is one of the only ones left where the hole in the middle has not jet been filled up with rocks.

Peter G1FOA

In reply to G1FOA:

You also may or may not believe it but Hensborough Beacon trig point
is one of the only ones left where the hole in the middle has not jet
been filled up with rocks.

Peter G1FOA

Hardly surprising if people keep cleaning it out with a broom ;o)

Adrian

In reply to G4AZS:

Hardly surprising if people keep cleaning it out with a broom ;o)

Goes back to my Scout training - always leave the site cleaner and tidier than how you found it.

Trouble is that nowadays you need to take a couple of good skips to remove the rubbish other folk leave!!

Peter G1FOA