No RBNGate Spots?

Dr OM Andrew,
I used the KX1 with 3 W in a W3EDP antenna in EA8/GC and was depending on chasers who put a Spot for me. During my activations in DM, ON, etc. I was helped fantastic with the RBNHole. So please be encouraged to continue the Good Work. Many thanks in advance.
73 de geert pa7zee

1 Like

Why do you need an RBN spotting system at all? Phone operators get along fine without it, and CW operators are always telling us that CW is more efficient than phone so surely they don’t need it!

Brian

1 Like

It seems that it’s acceptable for you to talk like an idiot. Is it acceptable for me to point it out? :wink:

Pray elucidate.

Exactly.

And the same goes for the DX Cluster.

Walt

Purely speaking, we don’t need anything else than air to breath, water to drink, food to eat and a shelter or something to keep us warm enough. All the rest of things we have today, including RBNHole, are “extras”, but they help a lot to make life far more enjoyable, don’t they?

2 Likes

I’m with Walt. We don’t need an RBN spotting system, nor do we need a DX Cluster. SOTAwatch is entirely unnecessary, as indeed is SOTA itself. Come to think of it, there is no need whatsoever for amateur radio in any shape or form.

1 Like

Its a generation thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

My point is that we have in the past done perfectly well without these aids and surely at a pinch we can do without them again. They are nice to have, they make life a little easier, but they are not essential. The sky won’t fall if we have to do without them for a while.

Brian

1 Like

The RBN gateway absolutely completely changed cw activating for the better.

The issue is not whether we have the facility or not. The issue is not knowing the facility is offline and working in a way that expects it to be online.

If you know it’s not working, you active differently, in the near of known QRPCW watering holes, you may self spot etc.

1 Like