News items early please

Hello to everyone. The SOTA News Team would like to ask you all to send any news items in as soon as possible for this month, as the holidays approach.

Let’s have your votes for Hill of the month, photo of the month etc. You can even send in your vote for your photo of the year.

Any way, let’s have those news items.

gw0dsp@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you and 73

Mike GW0DSP obo SOTA News Team

In reply to GW0DSP:

If the weather carries on like it is at present Mike, you’ll have little to report this month, at least from the UK. Let’s hope it clears up soon.

73, Gerald

In reply to G4OIG:

The WX report looks not too bad for Sunday up here and good for Monday. Hope to get a little 'un done tomorrow and something bigger for Monday. Just hoping WX is not too bad in between and that roads are OK. It was snowing hard for while earlier but it didn’t stick and it’s just heavy drizzle now. We’ll see what can be done on the day!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G4OIG:

I think we spoiled you all last month with a bumper edition, but you are right, the wx has had a dramatic affect on the first week of the winter bonus period, which of course echoes itself in the amount of sota activity and news. Add to this the approaching holiday period and you would think we will struggle for news. We will however strive to bring you an interesting and informative news.
We still need a hill of the month, any offers? Maybe someone wishes to nominate a sota personality of the month? How about some EU news stories from our many friends overseas? Anything of interest? send it to me on…
gw0dsp@hotmail.co.uk

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to MM0FMF:
Careful if you intend to head south into the borders. Local news at 7:00pm reported the A68 closed due to snow over the border ridge.
Take care out there.
73 jim

In reply to GW0DSP:
I know Mike has a nomination for Photo of the Month because I sent him one but there must be some more. There are some super photos on the SOTA Flickr group at:

This group is dedicated to publishing photographs of Summits on the Air (SOTA) activities.

Remember the photo does not have to be technically perfect, although my nomination happens to be very good. You nomination may be for other reasons.

73 John GW4BVE