New Year Fun Day

In reply to G4ISJ:

Hi Pete, it was nice to be your first contact of the day, I suspect that I was the first 2013 contact for many!

Rombalds Moor got busy a little later on, there seemed to be quite a few large parties of walkers.

I too used my MTR, I used it on 40m and 20m CW, working yourself with it on 40m. You were a very good signal Pete, stronger than usual.

I used quite a few rigs during my activation -

160m, 2m CW - FT817
80m SSB - MKARS80
30m CW - home brew 2 watt RockMite
40m, 20m CW - KD1JV MTR
2m FM - VX150

I don’t think I’ll be taking quite so much gear on my next outing!

Colin, M0CGH

In reply to G4ISJ:

After finding the car-park for G/CE-001 full at 10:45 I managed to find a space (at the side of the road) not a great distance from the car park , my activation started at 11:08 with 9 contacts on 2m FM (2nd was S2S with Mike 2E0YYY on G/WB-004) followed by just one on 2m SSB with Bill G4WSB on G/SE-001 and two contacts on 4m FM just before Pete arrived.

Having got the linked dipole sorted on 60m my first was Rob G4RQJ on G/LD-050 (on FE) followed by 19 Contacts (on FM) - Best DX of the day was LA0HK.

Upon leaving around 14:00 I noticed the ‘M25’ like stream of cars parked either side of the last 500m or so of the 2Km single track road, leaving the area was quite ‘interesting’ with a significant number of vehicles trying to go in each direction requiring careful use of the very wet and muddy verges to pass each other and even one chap from a car getting out and directing traffic into farm entrances to make enough room for people to pass (so he could continue along the road).

I was later informed that G/WB-009 was also rather busy with cars parked anywhere they could.

Stewart G0LGS