New warnings as cold snap deaths rise

In reply to G3CWI:

If that is what you believe Richard, I’m surprised that you haven’t deleted Steve’s post to safeguard SOTA and/or Steve from any possible copyright legal action!

Mike

In reply to G3CWI:
Happy?

In reply to GW0DSP:

Copyright material should be avoided, Steve, can I suggest that you paraphrase the warning and insert it?

Mike, only members of the MT and the originators have the power to modify or erase posts.

Brian G8ADD

PS I forgot to add that the Acceptable Use Policy covers this (see bottom of page): copyright material will be removed unless there is evidence of permission, but it would be quite in order to paraphrase or post a link. Steve was properly concerned with the safety of people on the hills in these conditions, but to protect him and the site I was about to pull his post when he removed it.

In reply to G8ADD:

Thanks for the clarification Brian, but I felt certain that Richard, as a co-founder of SOTA and to quote “We own it”, would still have ALL access rights to Sotawatch and everything else connected with the scheme. If Richard no longer has any control or influence, then I guess I better start believing in the tooth fairy again:-)

Mike GW0DSP

PS Sorry Brian, I missed it first time around, but you concur, “only MT and the originators” Richard fits that description.

In reply to 2E0KPO:

Steve, now I know why you prefer the forum instead of the Reflector.

Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

I have no idea if Richard has retained the ability to edit, but I suspect not as he always contacts the MT via the same channels that you would use, Mike. As for influence, naturally if Richard, with his knowledge and experience to draw on, has anything to say the MT will listen but not necessarily take his advice.

“Originators” referred to the originators of posts on the reflector.

This is now OT, I would suggest that we now turn our attention to the safety of hillwalkers. Steve, will you re-post?

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
I very much doubt he will Brian, an individual posts a piece of information pertenent not only to SOTA but to the safety of others, he is rapped on the knuckles in a way only this relector can, you tell him he is a copyright infringer and then expect him to go away write a synopsis and re-post, my goodness. Is it not better to put a disclaimer in your T&C’s stating that copyright infringement is the responsibility of the original poster. A cunning stunt like this could drop us all in it I know but if its the responsibility of the OP then no probs I presume.

Lee

In reply to Thread:

OK, as Steve hasn’t responded yet, and as a temporary measure, the link to the article in question is:

This post will be pulled when Steve re-posts.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Sorry Brian I read it as the originators of the scheme. As we know the originators “own it”, not my words, and I presume that as an originator Richard still “owns it” and therefore enjoys ALL associated privileges.

Yes, it’s going OT Brian, apologies from me for my part, but it was Richard who really blew it off topic or more to the point caused Steve to blow it off the Reflector.

Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

OK, Mike, lets leave it at that: the SOTA community stand warned about the dangerous conditions. Let us hope that those whose experience does not encompass the present conditions will exercise extreme caution on the hill.

Brian G8ADD