New SOTA Spot Monitor Software (Free)

In reply to KU6J:

I love your software Eric and use it all the time. If I could make a couple of suggestions:

1. Please treat CALLSIGN and CALLSIGN/X as the same station (i.e., treat subsequent spots of CALLSIGN* as same station) in terms of generating alerts. Right now, it will alert twice if a spot for N1EU/P follows a spot for N1EU.

2. If the Log is sorted by Station Worked, please secondarily sort by Date. Now it seems to just list all the qso’s with a station randomly.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU

Barry,

I’m glad you like the software!

As to your #1, I thought I had it working that way already but it actually isn’t. Internal to the software is a GetBaseCallsign function that discards things like the /P’s but it isn’t currently being called by the routine that decides if an alert should be generated or not. I’ll correct that in v1.04.

As to your #2, the log files are currently not sorted at all and the lines appear in the order that the spots were received from Twitter. If you set one of the logs to use a delimited format (e.g., comma delimited) then you could import it into something like MS Access or Excel and sort or filter it any way you like. That’s why I allowed for two log files: one in easy-to-read text format and another in a delimited format for importing and analysis.

My initial prototype also wrote the spots directly out to an MS Access database file, thereby saving you the import step, but getting the needed drivers reliably installed and configured on all the variants of MS Windows tends to be a bear and would cause software installation issues for some unknown percentage of users. I decided to leave out that capability in the interest of KISS and reliability. Maybe I’ll add that back into a future version as an option for those who are used to fiddling with DLLs, registry settings, etc.

Eric KU6J

===========================================
Free SOTA Spot Monitor Software:
http://www.ku6j.com

In reply to N1EU:

In reply to KU6J:

I love your software Eric and use it all the time. If I could make a
couple of suggestions:

1. Please treat CALLSIGN and CALLSIGN/X as the same station (i.e.,
    treat subsequent spots of CALLSIGN* as same station) in terms of
    generating alerts. Right now, it will alert twice if a spot for
    N1EU/P follows a spot for N1EU.

2. If the Log is sorted by Station Worked, please secondarily sort by
    Date. Now it seems to just list all the qso’s with a station
    randomly.

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU

In reply to KU6J:

Thanks Eric, I look forward to v1.04

Sorry about my 2nd suggestion - in the moment of penning my previous post, I transposed a suggestion for G0LGS’ SOTA Logger into your SOTA Spot Monitor (duh).

Barry N1EU

In reply to KU6J:
Thank you for programming this software, Eric. I sought for such a program long ago.

I’ve created a little SOTA voice alert → mein.DARC

vy 73 de Jakob DK3CW

Jakob,

Your voice alert is very nice! May I distribute it with the next release of the software?

Eric KU6J

===========================================
Free SOTA Spot Monitor Software:
http://www.ku6j.com

In reply to DK3CW:

In reply to KU6J:
Thank you for programming this software, Eric. I sought for such a
program long ago.

I’ve created a little SOTA voice alert →
mein.DARC

vy 73 de Jakob DK3CW

In reply to KU6J:

Eric,

I am using a 1024*1280 monitor. I think many people still are.
Is it possible for you to reduce the window, so that I can see outright what is out right?
Not even the scrollbar in the main window makes it possible to see what is out there.

73 … John, OZ4RT

In reply to KU6J:
Eric,
Thanks for the commendation.:wink:
No problem, you can integrate the file in the next release.

best 73s de Jakob DK3CW