New MT Member:

Hi all,

Congratulations to Elliot, Jonathan and Andrew, I’m sure you will help power SOTA to greater heights. And congratulations to the MT for being brave enough to expand the group.

Ron

thats great news elliot 73 km6cem

Hmm - Australian, loves SOTA … of course you’re called Andrew!!

For those not on the SOTA Australia list - there appeared to be more Andrew’s operating SOTA than any other name. Rumours were you had to change your name to Andrew if you wanted to operate SOTA in Australia HI :grinning:

It gets worse Ed. The first ZL chaser to work me this evening was also called Andrew: ZL3CC! Summits Of The Andrews

Monty Python together with Karl Pilkington is keeping me highly amused at the moment.

34 is still young, I have been told so by M0VFC ;). I am a quarter of a century old in 16 days time… A trip to Scotland to bag my first set of GM summits is seemingly a great way to end all this current library hermitting.

Equally looking forward to helping out, a very worthy cause that is taking amateur radio to new heights…literally.

Jonathan

1 Like

Congratulation at the two new members I wish them a lot of satisfactions.
73 de IN3AQK

I know you meant, “it gets better”!

At one of our SOTA VK1 dinners we had 4 Andrews at the table. One of the others then admitted his middle name was Andrew!

oh yes, congrats on your new role as a member of the MT Summit team. Well earned and I know you will be a valuable member, as will Jonathan.

Andrew (of course)
VK1DA

Congratulations Andrew and Jonathon. All the hard work Andrew has put in for this part of the world has really made SOTA much more interesting and rich for us here.

On the subject of names…on a recent activation a prominent/frequent vk3 chaser forgot my name (okay I don’t activate that much :-). One guess with a suitable hint was all that was required…

Andrew

1 Like